By Google, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Gboard is a new keyboard from Google for your iPhone. It has all the things you would expect from a great keyboard — GIFs, emojis, and Glide Typing — plus Google Search built in. No more app switching; just search and send, right from your keyboard.
Search and send anything from Google:
• Nearby stores and restaurants
• Videos and images
• Weather forecasts
• News and articles
• Sports scores
• And anything else you’d search on Google
GIFs — Search GIFs for the best reaction
Emoji Search — Find the perfect emoji, faster
Glide Typing — Type faster by sliding your finger from letter to letter
We know the things you type on your phone are personal, so we’ve designed Gboard to keep your private information private.
What Gboard sends to Google:
• Gboard sends your searches to Google’s web servers to give you search results.
• Gboard also sends usage statistics to Google to let us know which features are used most often and to help us understand problems if the app crashes.
• If you use Gboard’s microphone, voice input will be sent to Google for transcription.
What Gboard doesn’t send to Google:
• Other than your searches and voice inputs, Gboard doesn't send anything you type to Google, whether it’s a password or chat with a friend.
• To help you with spelling and to predict searches you might be interested in, Gboard will store the words you type on your device. This data is not accessible by Google or by any apps, and can be cleared at any time.
• If you’ve turned on contacts search in Gboard search settings, this allows Gboard to search the contacts on your device so you can easily share. None of these queries are sent to Google.
What's New in Version 1.16.0
Gboard now supports Traditional Chinese!
The default Gboard theme will automatically darken in dark-mode apps.
Bug report - lags when skipping to next line
When typing a text or something, Gboard works great until it starts the second line of text. Then there's a lag before it drops down to the next line. Causes a lot of misspelled words because you hit a letter and then it seems like it didn't work, so you hit it again. And then the keyboard catches up and you end up having the same letter twice and have to backspace and then that lags again when it goes back to the top line, and so on and so forth. Is this making sense? I hope so. Anyway, I'm on iPhone 7 Plus, on the latest iOS version but it was happening before I did the latest iOS update. I also updated Gboard this morning to the latest version but it's still happening. Otherwise, love this keyboard.
Using the keyboard
I love that the keybord changes colors when the background changes colors. I love that the keybord has access to google and you don't need to change keybords to have access to the stock emojis and the Google emojis. I also love the fact that there is a gif area included within the keybord and a drawing area that you have to pick and it's just in the same area as the Emojis so you don't have to look for the button on the stock keybord.
I’ve used Gboard for a few months and it became my daily keyboard. I didn’t have any issues and if I did they were immediately fixed. Since iOS 11 honestly Gboard hasn’t been the same! For whatever reason my keyboard keeps switching to the standard Apple one. 😢 I don’t want to switch to any other keyboard but if this continues sadly I would have to. Make Gboard the way it use to be!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Dec 04, 2017
- Version: 1.16.0
- Size: 178 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.