By Google, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Gboard is a new keyboard from Google for your iPhone. It has all the things you would expect from a great keyboard — GIFs, emojis, and Glide Typing — plus Google Search built in. No more app switching; just search and send, right from your keyboard.
Search and send anything from Google:
• Nearby stores and restaurants
• Videos and images
• Weather forecasts
• News and articles
• Sports scores
• And anything else you’d search on Google
GIFs — Search GIFs for the best reaction
Emoji Search — Find the perfect emoji, faster
Glide Typing — Type faster by sliding your finger from letter to letter
We know the things you type on your phone are personal, so we’ve designed Gboard to keep your private information private.
What Gboard sends to Google:
• Gboard sends your searches to Google’s web servers to give you search results.
• Gboard also sends usage statistics to Google to let us know which features are used most often and to help us understand problems if the app crashes.
• If you use Gboard’s microphone, voice input will be sent to Google for transcription.
What Gboard doesn’t send to Google:
• Other than your searches and voice inputs, Gboard doesn't send anything you type to Google, whether it’s a password or chat with a friend.
• To help you with spelling and to predict searches you might be interested in, Gboard will store the words you type on your device. This data is not accessible by Google or by any apps, and can be cleared at any time.
• If you’ve turned on contacts search in Gboard search settings, this allows Gboard to search the contacts on your device so you can easily share. None of these queries are sent to Google.
What's New in Version 1.14.0
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Come on Google!!
Why is SwiftKey still so much better? The only reason I don't go back to SwiftKey (yet) is because of gboards ability to 'talk to text'. SwiftKey does not have this option, but their predictive text is so much better, I am on the verge of switching back even without that feature. First of all, why do I have to press the space bar in order for gboard to predict my next word? On SwiftKey you don't have to. Secondly, why does it not save what I have typed in before? SwiftKey does! Third, why when I type in the same word every single day, that when I try to type in the word again it still predicts other words that I never use instead of what I typically type in? When I type the same word every day that begin with the letters PSA, it still predicts some random words rather than the word I type in every single day! Why!?! SwiftKey will predict the right word as soon as I put the P because it assumes since I use that word more than any other word EVER, that I am probably going to use that word again!! Lastly, and probably most important, please allow (like SwiftKey) the ability to hard-press a predicted word to delete it out of memory! That way the predictions for the word I am trying to type might actually come up rather than words in YOUR database that I NEVER use! Allow me to add or delete words so that it will predict words that I want it to, that I ACTUALLY use!!
PLEASE MAKE THESE CHANGES AND THIS WILL BE THE NUMBER 1 UTILITY APP!
Come back to change my review, I was wrong, this keyboard is nice and easy to use. You just have to change the setting which I didn't know where to change it as a new user. It has all the feature other keyboard have. Only improvement I need is number, common punctuations and letter all in save page, so I don't have to switch back and forth. I said only common ones, just like touch Pal
Much better than native keyboard but...
UPDATE - This release finally fixed the broken gliding function on Spanish language. Happy again.
UPDATE - iOS 11.1 on iphoneX broke the gliding keyboard function. They fixed it for English but still broken for Spanish.
How is it possible that Apple still can't do a decent native keyboard? This one is close to ideal for those of us that prefer to swipe rather than tap. The cursor movement ability by sliding the finger over the space bar is pure genius and addresses one of my main iOS beefs. On the down side it's unfortunately a single language solution (hopefully just for now). Also a dark mode would be most welcome.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Nov 17, 2017
- Version: 1.14.0
- Size: 171 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.