By Google, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Gboard is a new keyboard from Google for your iPhone. It has all the things you would expect from a great keyboard — GIFs, emojis, and Glide Typing — plus Google Search built in. No more app switching; just search and send, right from your keyboard.
Search and send anything from Google:
• Nearby stores and restaurants
• Videos and images
• Weather forecasts
• News and articles
• Sports scores
• And anything else you’d search on Google
GIFs — Search GIFs for the best reaction
Emoji Search — Find the perfect emoji, faster
Glide Typing — Type faster by sliding your finger from letter to letter
We know the things you type on your phone are personal, so we’ve designed Gboard to keep your private information private.
What Gboard sends to Google:
• Gboard sends your searches to Google’s web servers to give you search results.
• Gboard also sends usage statistics to Google to let us know which features are used most often and to help us understand problems if the app crashes.
• If you use Gboard’s microphone, voice input will be sent to Google for transcription.
What Gboard doesn’t send to Google:
• Other than your searches and voice inputs, Gboard doesn't send anything you type to Google, whether it’s a password or chat with a friend.
• To help you with spelling and to predict searches you might be interested in, Gboard will store the words you type on your device. This data is not accessible by Google or by any apps, and can be cleared at any time.
• If you’ve turned on contacts search in Gboard search settings, this allows Gboard to search the contacts on your device so you can easily share. None of these queries are sent to Google.
What's New in Version 1.13.0
Bug fixes and performance improvements
When I first downloaded the Gboard over a year ago, it was awesome. It was exactly what I wanted in a phone keyboard. But I swear every update has slowed down the keyboard's performance as well as making it more glitchy. Oftentimes autocorrect is turned off for some reason, being completely unpredictable as to when the keyboard decides to work correctly. Also there is a strange deleting issue where if you are deleting a word at the end of a sentence, the preceding word somehow jumbles up letters with the word you are deleting. Not even sure how that is possible. But yeah Google is definitely slipping up on these Gboard updates.
Changing review to two stars because this krapboard keeps getting worse. Maybe I'm a masochist for continuing to use it. But the fact that it will change correctly and deliberately typed out words to completely different words, all the while leaving misspelled words is just ridiculous. I thought Google was capable of more than this ever-degrading piece of poopoo.
Should be better
I use most of the recent offerings from Google. They make great products. But their swipe keyboard is terrible. I couldn't understand how that would be possible. Its just a keyboard right? No, it's software and they didn't do it right. The word recognition is terrible. Truly it is. It's frustrating to be swiping and have to go back and correct several wrong words. Its almost unintuitive. I'm using Microsofts version and it's just about perfect. I'm using an iPhone and am a Mac devotee.
Great replacement for iOS keyboard
I searched and tried so many keyboards after the iOS update with numbers into the letter keys. I kept hitting them the wrong way and getting weird text characters and the undo key would pop up and I hit that instead of the space-bar. After hundreds of paragraphs were deleted in a lot of messages I finally had it!
My sister showed me this glide keyboards and I gave it a try.
Absolutely LOVE it.
I do wish it had a microphone icon for voice to text and a bold icon. Also I would like to edit out one of the words it always thinks I am trying to type. But other than that it rocks. And I type so much faster and mostly mistake free.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Oct 12, 2017
- Version: 1.13.0
- Size: 173 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.