Laundry app will give you the insight and control you need to manage your connected GE Appliances Laundry units.
- Requires a Wi-Fi router with internet.
- Requires a compatible GE Appliances Washer and/or Dryer.
- Requires a Connect Plus module or washer/dryer with internal Wi-Fi module
- View status of your Laundry unit from anywhere on your iPhone.
- Get timely notifications related to normal user maintenance.
- Get notifications when a wash or dry cycle finishes.
- Get updates on cycle progress and time remaining.
- Get software updates.
- Remotely control washer and dryer (only some models).
Washer Specific Features:
- Connect Cycle, which enables three additional wash cycles (available on some models).
- Amazon Dash Replenishment available with models that have detergent and fabric softener smart dispense tanks (SMARTDISPENSE™ TECHNOLOGY).
Dryer Specific Features:
- Remotely enable/disable extended tumble cycle to prevent wrinkles.
- Dryer Sheet Counting & Amazon Dash Replenishment for Dryer Sheets (Available on models that have internal WiFi module)
* Push Notification History is now available for each appliance under the navigation menu.
Ratings and Reviews
App was great until I upgraded to the iPhone 8. On the iPhone 6, I got all notifications. Now, I get none. Also, it would be helpful to see which cycle the washer is on, not just the amount of time left.
Update: notifications worked this morning after not working for several days.
Another update (July 1): Have has to uninstall and reinstall washer twice. Looks like I have to do it again as it is not getting notifications. Dryer seems to stay connected no problem.
Another update: (August): If you are expecting notifications, you will be disappointed. If you write a review thinking GE techs will do something to fix the app losing connection, you will again be disappointed. This app is a pain to set up especially considering it loses connection every other day.
I would love this app even more if I could select the settings and change the settings and remotely CONTROL my washing machine, vs just being able to actually start it AFTER starting it on my machine. I’m really not sure how helpful being able to delay the start time is when the washer is billed as able to be controlled from the phone. The advertising is very misleading. This technology is in need of an upgrade.
That being said, I do enjoy the app. I just wish it did more.
Worked great...at first.
I loved getting notifications on my phone and/or Apple Watch when I first got this laundry pair. But one day, it just stopped working. I could get it to work again by uninstalling and reinstalling the app. But now, nothing gets it working again. I can’t get notifications any more and the cycle end signal on the washer and dryer are so quiet, I no longer know when either is finished. Surely they’ll fix this problem soon? There’s been enough bad reviews to get the developer’s attention right?
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.