By Seven Cookies
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
GedGap is a genealogy tool that can help you plan, rate and prioritize your research plan. Just import your GEDCOM file from your family tree web site or genealogy software and GedGap can:
• Analyze and score each of your sources to reveal gaps in the reliability of your birth and death entries,
• Prioritize an individual's research based on the quality and completeness of sources,
• Determine a confidence rating in your sources being proof of birth and death events,
• Provide brief tips on the status of birth and death research,
• Allow you to add brief notes to an individual's research,
• Allow you to set flags for missing sources being proof of birth and death events, whether research is complete or has ceased, and
• Produces various reports on your research plan.
The internal scoring engine is customizable for different birth and death source types, e.g. birth index, death certificates, etc.
What's New in Version 2.1
• Fixed Plan window; names were colored blue when notes were added which was difficult to read with blue highlight color.
This program quits unexpectantly while trying to load a GEDCOM file.