• Amharic, the official language of Ethiopia, uses the Ethiopic alphabet and shares it with other language sets.
• GeezEdit is a Geez editor for typing in Amharic in iPhone and iPad devices running iOS 8 and higher.
• GeezEdit uses a novel technology protected by pending patents to render the hundreds of the Ethiopic glyphs with one and two keystrokes each, virtually similar to typing the English alphabet on computers.
• Mix the English with the beautiful GeezEdit Unicode Amharic font.
• The App has novel Ethiopic characters such as Ethiopic dollar sign, Santim sign, Copyright, Trade mark, Registration mark, Ethiopic zero and more.
• Use the typing tool in various applications such as text messages, email, etc. and relevant applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Notes, etc.
In this version the keyboard height problem that occured after updating to iOS 10 is resolved. We have also added a few missing glyph renderings and included question mark to be typed with "9n” from the default keyboard. The App Store product name has been changed from GeezEdit to GeezEdit Amharic.
Ratings and Reviews
This is a great patented up.
Download and then install the keyboard and font from Settings. To do so select Settings, General, Keyboard, Keyboards, and then Amharic Typing. Go back to Settings, General, Profile and install geezedit. The Amharic Typing icon starts the GeezEdit app and the Amharic keyboard is available by toggling through the Globe icon of the English keyboard. A few have been complaining becase Apple introduced an ugly font with errors. Please ask Apple to remove it or give you the option to use GeezEdit. Also please know that the developers of GeezEdit have nothing to do with these iOS 11 errors. You are still using the GeezEdit font in the app and computers.
Well crafted Amharic keyboard
This is a well crafted Amharic keyboard. Installation is easy that will not take minutes. When typing in Amharic, it is logical as it is based in phonetic combinations. It is also complete; you can key in 231 plus Amharic alphabets. I am impressed by the developer’s responsiveness for this app’s improvement.
Much recommended for those in need of effective and productive Amharic keyboard for iPhone.
The best app for Geez Fidel
This is the best app. It has all the letters!!!very easy to learn and use. It has all the numbers too!!! Everything you need in one place. On the next generation I want to see geez Fidels that that are used by Oromigna add to the list. Thank you very much. I learned about this app on ESAT during Belha Libeleha program.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.