By Aberra Molla
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
• Amharic, the official language of Ethiopia, uses the Ethiopic alphabet and shares it with other language sets.
• GeezEdit is a Geez editor for typing in Amharic in iPhone and iPad devices running iOS 8 and higher.
• GeezEdit uses a novel technology protected by pending patents to render the hundreds of the Ethiopic glyphs with one and two keystrokes each, virtually similar to typing the English alphabet on computers.
• Mix the English with the beautiful GeezEdit Unicode Amharic font.
• The App has novel Ethiopic characters such as Ethiopic dollar sign, Santim sign, Copyright, Trade mark, Registration mark, Ethiopic zero and more.
• Use the typing tool in various applications such as text messages, email, etc. and relevant applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Notes, etc.
What's New in Version 1.3
In this version the keyboard height problem that occured after updating to iOS 10 is resolved. We have also added a few missing glyph renderings and included question mark to be typed with "9n” from the default keyboard. The App Store product name has been changed from GeezEdit to GeezEdit Amharic.
Well crafted Amharic keyboard
This is a well crafted Amharic keyboard. Installation is easy that will not take minutes. When typing in Amharic, it is logical as it is based in phonetic combinations. It is also complete; you can key in 231 plus Amharic alphabets. I am impressed by the developer’s responsiveness for this app’s improvement.
Much recommended for those in need of effective and productive Amharic keyboard for iPhone.
Wow!!!! Powerful and works in many applications. Download and then install the keyboard and font from Settings. To do so select Settings, General, Keyboard, Keyboards, and then Amharic Typing. Go back to Settings, General, Profile and install geezedit. The Amharic Typing icon starts the GeezEdit app and the Amharic keyboard is available by toggling through the Globe icon of the English keyboard.