Gel Swatch Library
By Gel Services, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
AS FEATURED ON MACWORLD.COM AND PCWORLD.COM!
The Gel Swatch Library by Wybron, Inc., lets lighting production personnel browse, search, and compare more than 1,000 gel color filters made by the following manufacturers:
- Apollo (included in Version 1.4 release)
The Gel Swatch Library lets you:
- Search gels by name or number
- Sort gels by number or how they're arranged in the physical swatchbook (in ascending or descending order)
- Compare similar and complementary colors
- Examine each color's detailed Spectral Energy Distribution graphs by turning the iPhone or iPod touch sideways
- View CMY/RGB percentages for any color
- See the last 21 colors visited with the "Recently Viewed Colors" list
- Send comments directly to the developer at Wybron with the "Feedback" button
The Gel Swatch Library is perfect for:
- Cruise ships
- Corporate events
- Educational theater programs
- Theatrical dealers
- And many more areas of the lighting world!
What's New in Version 2.0.2
Bug fix to keep detail view from hanging
Despite the belated nature of the review (I've had the app for over three years now), this is one of the best app purchases I've ever made as a professional film lighting technician.
As both a means of making color suggestions to cinematographers, as well as finding alternatives to colors I've used in the past, it's invaluable. On top of that, I've used it countless times to identify an unmarked cut of gel pulled from the truck (as long as there's a catalog number on it somewhere, this app can pinpoint it).
Couldn't ask for more. Thanks so much, Wybron!
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Dec 02, 2012
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 5.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Gel Services, Inc.
- © 2008 - 2012 Wybron, Inc. Colorado Springs, CO
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.