Gemini 2: The Duplicate Finder
By MacPaw Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Free up tons of disk space with Gemini 2. It finds duplicate and similar files in every corner of your Mac, including Photos, iTunes, and even external drives. And with the Smart Selection algorithm, you can trust Gemini to remove duplicates correctly and safely.
Gemini 2: The Duplicate File Finder is brought to you by the team behind CleanMyMac 3. Removing clutter and recovering disk space are our specialty, so we made a duplicate cleaner that does both like a pro. Get yourself Gemini 2 and you will...
Free up gigabytes of storage space:
* Find duplicate files of any kind: pics, music, docs, you name it
* Identify duplicate folders, too
* Delete duplicates on external drives and network volumes
* Remove duplicates in cloud storage like Google Drive and Dropbox
Organize your music and photos:
* Find duplicate photos in your Photos library
* Detect pictures that are similar, but not identical
* Spot iTunes duplicates
* Find similar music in iTunes (files that differ only by format or bit rate)
Save time picking out duplicate files:
* Trust Gemini to autoselect the copies and keep the originals intact
* See how similar files differ with the help of handy icons
* Add your own Smart Selection rules, like deleting the duplicates that are older
Never lose an important file by mistake:
* If you removed the wrong duplicate, put it back in a click
* Exclude certain files and folders from scan
* Move duplicates to a separate folder or onto a USB drive
* Replace copies with hardlinks to save space without deleting the files
Make finding duplicates less of a drag:
* Enjoy the sleek space-themed design
* Have fun with wacky achievements and ranks
* See if you can spot the Easter Egg!
And if you’re wondering what tech reviews say about Gemini 2, wonder no more: we’ve gathered some of them below.
“I’ve been an active user of MacPaw’s Gemini software since its inception, and Gemini 2’s release today has made me fall in love with it all over again. In just the initial scan, Gemini 2 found more files and more places where I could intelligently clear and save space on my Mac.”
“If you want to clean up your Mac, but are trepidatious about digging around in your files and accidentally deleting something important, Gemini 2 has a lot to offer and makes the whole process very simple.”
“With Gemini 2 there’s little reason to fear duplicates. It has a polished, intuitive user interface and the brains to differentiate copies from originals by testing them against nearly a dozen different parameters. It’s also much faster, especially compared to digging through thousands of files and folders the old-fashioned way.”
What's New in Version 2.3.6
[Improved] Stability and performance;
[Fixed] Some nasty bugs and crashes.
If it was a meal I would still be hungry.
I first bought Cleanmymac3 because I read it was a "do it all" app for my mac. Everything except what I wanted. Next I bought Gemini2 when they offered it at precisely the time I realized I did not have a function specifically for duplicates. It may have removed a few but I literally have thousands left, I’m out 50 bucks and still have the same problems that I had before making my purchases. These dup files are mostly exact dups of pictures that somehow transferred from my old mac to my new one multiple times. Same name, size, etc. Shouldn’t a "duplicate remover" app remove duplicate files? If not, what good is it?
Close but painful gaps
This app is close to what it could be, but falls short. For example, the “intelligent” selection fails to notice that the selections for what to delete are all in the same folder. Not only should it figure this out, when dropping multiple folders on the application at the same time it should allow prioritization on the spot. The “similar” algorithm could use some controls to be better at distinguishing consecutive pictures versus resized or otherwise adjusted pictures. It also could cue on exif data to identify originals.
Well… that didn’t work.
I need to free up space, and I know i have plenty of duplicates. I used the trial version and it found I could clear up like 20GB of space (but the trail version won’t clear them) so I figured it was worth it to drop $20 and fix it. Now that I have the “real” version… it only finds about a gig, and it’s different every time I run it. I can, literally find duplciate songs in itunes it ignores outright.
Frustrated, should have saved my money (you should too).
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Apr 03, 2017
- Version: 2.3.6
- Size: 33.9 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Ukrainian
- Seller: MacPaw Inc.
- © MacPaw Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor