Gemini: The Duplicate Finder
By MacPaw Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Stop wasting space on duplicates. Gemini finds duplicates on your Mac and removes them. It’s quick, easy, and saves you hard drive space.
“...Gemini does its job well, and with just the right amount of cheek, at that.” Macworld
“It could have looked like a dog and I would still have enjoyed the way that it worked, but having it look and feel as great as it does is a nice bonus.” TheNextWeb
“Gemini's speed is really impressive.“ TUAW
Featured in the Mac App Store Best of 2012
• Fast and accurate scanning algorithms
• Cleans iTunes, iPhoto, Aperture and Photo Booth libraries
• Works with external drives and network volumes
• Removes duplicate folders too!
• Auto Select all duplicates with one click
• Originals remain untouched
• An array of one-click, filter selection buttons
• Advanced contextual menu for power users
• Beautifully crafted, Retina-compatible design
• Drag and drop files, folders, or entire drives
• Data chart shows you what needs cleaning
• Watch your duplicates technically shred to pieces
• Sorting filters make scanning simple
• Control-click in Finder to select and scan
• Send duplicates to Trash or erase them completely
• Customizable select and ignore lists
• Built-in file preview mode makes selection easy
Remove duplicate files right now, once and for all, with Gemini: The Duplicate Finder!
What's New in Version 1.5.5
Some Easter Eggs added.
Minor bug fixes.
Great add for finding and removing duplicates. This app has saved me tons of space.
Great litle app for the money!!!
This is an app that has a lot of potential and it works great on local drives and attached USB drives for finding duplicates and lets you prioritize the deletion based on location, age and a lot of other cool features and I like the quotes that is fun and the auto select is the bomb and works excellently.
But I have 2 complaints about this product thats why I didn't give it a 5 star rating. It doesn't show you a status of which files it's scanning so you can see it's progressing. It would be nice to have a percentage of files scanned as well as it doesn't scan networked drives very well especially if they are large drives. I tried scanning my file server a 1TB partition because its a G5 Mac PPC processor and there isn't a version for PPC to run it locally. Another thing that would be nice is to be able to set the network bandwidth it can use as well as memory although this app already has a very small footprint and uses very little memory. I was thinking it would be nice to allow it to use as much memory as it could to complete the scan quicker.
All in all though my hats are off to the developers for this app. It doesn't ever crash or hang on me and again the auto select is awesome because I always find several hundred sometimes thousands of duplicates when I'm consolidating my photos, music and movies from 3 different computers into one place.
Oh and one last thing many other duplicate finders make you select which files you want to delete when you have thousands of files that would take me a week to select and delete them all. ****************************
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Apr 20, 2014
- Version: 1.5.5
- Size: 16.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: MacPaw Inc.
- © MacPaw Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor