Gemini: The Duplicate Finder
By MacPaw Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Stop wasting space on duplicates. Gemini finds duplicates on your Mac and removes them. It’s quick, easy, and saves you hard drive space.
Compatible and optimized for OS X Yosemite!
“...Gemini does its job well, and with just the right amount of cheek, at that.” Macworld
“It could have looked like a dog and I would still have enjoyed the way that it worked, but having it look and feel as great as it does is a nice bonus.” TheNextWeb
“Gemini's speed is really impressive.“ TUAW
Featured in the Mac App Store Best of 2012
• Fast and accurate scanning algorithms
• Cleans iTunes and iPhoto libraries
• Works with external drives and network volumes
• Removes duplicate folders too!
• Auto Select all duplicates with one click
• Originals remain untouched
• An array of one-click, filter selection buttons
• Advanced contextual menu for power users
• Beautifully crafted, Retina-compatible design
• Drag and drop files, folders, or entire drives
• Data chart shows you what needs cleaning
• Watch your duplicates technically shred to pieces
• Sorting filters make scanning simple
• Control-click in Finder to select and scan
• Send duplicates to Trash or erase them completely
• Customizable select and ignore lists
• Built-in file preview mode makes selection easy
Remove duplicate files right now, once and for all, with Gemini: The Duplicate Finder!
What's New in Version 1.5.17
• Minor bug fixes
Requires finesse, diligence and careful attention
I ran this software 5x and still have duplicates (and triplicates and beyond) on my drive that it is not finding, that I am finding manually. Finally, I did some checking on the folders and allowed it to carry those out after testing. Apparently it can only find so many independent files at any time. Even after I allowed it to delete folders, it still found individual file duplicates. Eventually it got all of my files.
Also, beware when downloading and running the trial version. I did a first pass with the trial, then got to the remove portion, and was prompted to purchase, which I did via the Mac App store, which then downloaded a completely separate program. I contacted support, and after explaining the issue several times, they helped me to not lose my efforts up to that point.
Worth the money
The user interface is intuitive and over all prettty nice. In my expereince the solution works well. I paid $10. It identified the duplicates. I was able to review all duplicate files and decide which copy I wished to destroy. I freed up 30 GB of storage and I am comfortable no valuable files were elinimated unknowingly. I use it every few days now.
I love this
I love this software. MacPaw has some beautifully designed apps, and Gemini is no exception. I got 10gb from my 500gb mac that I had no idea I had on there. It’s really saved me because I’m struggling to find more space right now. Love it and I’m so glad I got it. 5 stars!!!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Apr 22, 2016
- Version: 1.5.17
- Size: 20.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: MacPaw Inc.
- © MacPaw Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor