Gemini: The Duplicate Finder
By MacPaw Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Stop wasting space on duplicates. Gemini finds duplicates on your Mac and removes them. It’s quick, easy, and saves you hard drive space.
Compatible and optimized for OS X Yosemite!
“...Gemini does its job well, and with just the right amount of cheek, at that.” Macworld
“It could have looked like a dog and I would still have enjoyed the way that it worked, but having it look and feel as great as it does is a nice bonus.” TheNextWeb
“Gemini's speed is really impressive.“ TUAW
Featured in the Mac App Store Best of 2012
• Fast and accurate scanning algorithms
• Cleans iTunes and iPhoto libraries
• Works with external drives and network volumes
• Removes duplicate folders too!
• Auto Select all duplicates with one click
• Originals remain untouched
• An array of one-click, filter selection buttons
• Advanced contextual menu for power users
• Beautifully crafted, Retina-compatible design
• Drag and drop files, folders, or entire drives
• Data chart shows you what needs cleaning
• Watch your duplicates technically shred to pieces
• Sorting filters make scanning simple
• Control-click in Finder to select and scan
• Send duplicates to Trash or erase them completely
• Customizable select and ignore lists
• Built-in file preview mode makes selection easy
Remove duplicate files right now, once and for all, with Gemini: The Duplicate Finder!
What's New in Version 1.5.10
• Several minor bug fixes
Finally a duplicate deleter that works
After spending 2 days trying other programs 1 found duplicates after running all night but then froze when actually trying to delete those duplicates, the other ran for 24 hours and kept telling me that it hadn’t frozen and was still working, UGH. I saw Gemini as an editors choice on the app store, initially thought was a little pricey for an app but was tired of messing with other programs that just didn’t work. This scanned my NAS in about 3 to 4 hours and deleted the duplicates. After trying other programs and then Gemini I believe this app is a bargain for only $10.
Idiot proof? Pretty close….
I had a collection of HDD representing 5+ computers used over the years with a backup here and a backup there. I have 10TB so space not the issue but disorganized duplications was my challenge. In about three hours speed across 4-5 days I easily de-dupped files, music, video, etc and was able to quickly remove 500GB. Now, I can dive back in and organize files and folders without trying to keep track of what version is in what folder across my NAS. Thanks to the developers, a solid program.
One of my most used apps
I literally work with millions of original graphics images. Then I have two other computers turning out multiple variants of these files. You get into tens of millions of files quickly. Invariably, you have multple duplicates which get multiplied the farther the process goes. Gemini is essential and the only duplicate finder that I use. It is quick and very accurate in finding duplicates. It gives the options of automatic or manual deletion and leans towards safely choosing what to deleteKudos guys.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jun 04, 2015
- Version: 1.5.10
- Size: 15.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: MacPaw Inc.
- © MacPaw Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor