By Sticky Studios
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
PLAY POOL ON MICROSCOPIC LEVEL!
"Unlimited levels, which is great, awesome physics and design, and totally addictive. My favorite app ever." - (One of the app 5-star user reviews)
Your goal is to keep your organism healthy by merging genes of the same color. Merged genes grow in size and will eventually disappear. Only energized cells can merge with other cells. Cells get energized by bouncing them up against wall. Destroy viruses that attack your genes with an anti-virus cell.
• Addictive relaxing puzzle game, ideal for short gameplay sessions.
• Endless gameplay: unlimited amount of levels!
• Relaxing and soothing gameplay. No pressure.
• Apple GameCenter achievements and highscores.
• Retina support.
• Works both on iPad and iPhone.
• Improve your score with multiple wall-bounces and great accuracy.
• Avoid viruses attacking genes, by attacking them with an anti-virus.
What's New in Version 2.0
• Now supports iPad devices
• Support for Retina display
• Apple GameCenter support for achievements
• Apple GameCenter support for leader boards
• Revised scoring
• Several performance optimizations
A couple of flaws
This is nearly a great game. However, there are two annoying things (developer: I hope you change these!): First, the cells don't bounce off the sides at realistic angles. One would expect the angles to resemble those of billiard balls, but in this game the bounch angle more closely resembles the angle impact (it bounces straight back from where it came, which looks really odd and affects gameplay immensely). Second, when two cells of the same color collide, they're supposed to merge -- but very often they don't.
Otherwise it's a very nice game. Probably would be five stars if these issues are resolved.
I'm not particularly a fan of the mechanic that everything must bounce once before merging, but that's this game. The only way it changes at all over time is the addition of more balls on higher levels and random rock formations to get in the way, so it gets old quick. Like all billiards style games, nothing even comes close to the real thing.
Great Concept, Flawed Game
Been trying hard to love it but I give up … weird bounce angles, invisible cells, ridiculously crowded at higher levels … just not fun past level five or so. Too bad really because the concept is great.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jul 19, 2012
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 18.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sticky Studios
- © 2009 Sticky Studios
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.