By Masayuki Akamatsu
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Gengou" is a quick reference of the Japanese era system. This application has functions as below.
- A picker-style table that has all of the Japanese era names (247 eras) since Taika 1 (A.D. 645) . It also shows the correspondences to the Christian era years and the Japanese historical periods.
- A picker-style table that shows every years correspondences of the Japanese era and the Christian era since Meiji 1 (A.D. 1868) until Heisei 99 (A.D. 2087). It also shows a present age of every birth years.
- Quick access buttons to each periods.
- Application badge can show this year number in the Japanese era or the Christian era.
- Texts can be shown in Japanese or English independently of the default language setting.
- The high resolution display (Retina display) is supported.
The Japanese era system identifies a year by the combination of the era name (Gengou or Nengou) and the year number within the era. For example, A.D. 2001 is Heisei 13. Please note that two Gengou schemes were used in Parallel from 1331 to 1392 during Nanboku-chō period.
This application would be very useful if you are working with the governments, municipal offices and/or certain companies in Japan.
"Gengou" is a paid version of "Gengou Free" and is much functional than a free version. Thank you very much for your support.
What's New in Version 1.2.0
- Shows the number of this year as an application badge.
- Shows texts with your preferred language (English/Japanese) independently of the default language setting.
- Supports the high resolution display (Retina display).
- Fixed a bug on the Japanese Calendar in the Settings.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 02, 2012
- Version: 1.2.0
- Size: 0.2 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese
- Seller: 正行 Akamatsu
- © Masayuki Akamatsu
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.