Genius Scan is a scanner in your pocket. Quickly scan your documents on the go and export them as JPEG or multi-page PDF files.
"Next time you plan to hit the road don't forget to download a copy of Genius Scan to make life easier for yourself and your accounting department." - AppPicker.com
"Camera apps aren't designed for close-up text scanning, but Genius Scan is." - The Guardian
Our scanning technology includes smart page detection, perspective correction and image enhancement. The batch scanning lets you scan dozens of pages in a matter of seconds. In addition, Genius Scan offers powerful tools to organize and safely export your documents.
More than 20 million users have downloaded this scanner app and thousands of small businesses are trusting it. Apple featured Genius Scan several times and named it “App of the Week”. Genius Scan is constantly praised by its users.
WHAT PEOPLE USE GENIUS SCAN FOR:
- Quickly scan any document anywhere, when you don't have a scanner at hand
- Avoid buying an expensive scanner that you are never going to use
- Have your employees on the road send contracts, sales agreement to the headquarters immediately upon signature.
- Expedite expense reports by quickly creating a PDF with all your receipts and send them to Expensify
- Get rid of all your paper documents by archiving them to Dropbox
- Quickly scan a form you just printed when you don’t have a scanner
- At the university, take a picture of a whiteboard
- Archive handwritten notes or share them with colleagues
- Save the perfect recipe after cooking
- Save handwritten memos, or book pages for future reference
- Share a good restaurant menu on Twitter
WHAT ARE THE KEY FEATURES:
- Detects the page frame, crops it and corrects the perspective: you don't need to take a perfect straight shot. Genius Scan will remove any unnecessary background
- Enhances the legibility of your document: black and white or color post-processing
- Batch scanning let you quickly scan pages in a row
- Batch import from the gallery to import dozens of photos at a time
- Emails the scans as JPEG or PDF files
- Creates PDF documents with multiple pages
- Organizes your documents with titles, tags and powerful search
- Smart document names let you adapt Genius Scan to your workflow
- Exports the documents to Box, Dropbox, Evernote, Expensify, Facebook, Google Drive, OneDrive (and OneDrive for Business), OneNote (and OneNote for Business), FTP, SugarSync, Twitter, WebDAV and other applications
- Prints over AirPrint
- Shares document over Wifi for easy access from your computer
- Documents are processed on the phone, not sent to a third-party server
- Protect your documents with Touch ID and encrypt PDF files with a password
Some features are only available in Genius Scan+: printing, cloud export, no ads and customizable email signatures, Touch ID and PDF protection.
GENIUS CLOUD SUBSCRIPTIONS:
Some features of Genius Scan require a paid subscription to the Genius Cloud service. There are two Genius Cloud subscriptions:
- 1 month for $2.99, renews monthly
- 1 year for $29.99, renews yearly
Genius Cloud subscriptions will automatically renew within 24 hours before the subscription period ends, unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will be charged through your iTunes account. You can manage your subscription and may turn off auto-renewal in your iTunes Account Settings.
- Website: http://www.thegrizzlylabs.com
- Twitter: @thegrizzlylabs
- Support: email@example.com
Our goal is to create the best scanner app to make it easy and fast for you to digitize your documents. We are always available to answer your questions.
This is a maintenance version of Genius Scan but… we couldn't help but add a couple new cool features!
We love the Siri Shortcuts! We've added two different types of shortcuts: the ability to start a scan with a shortcut, and the ability to view any document. If you open a document in Genius Scan, this will automatically surface the corresponding shortcut in Siri Shortcuts in the Settings app (or in Spotlight if iOS deems this action relevant). You can easily create a Siri shortcut such as "View passport" if you travel a lot.
When viewing your documents, a single tap will switch the screen to fullscreen mode, hiding the toolbars and using all the available space to display your documents. You may benefit from this if you use Genius Scan to read documents such as music scores, magazines etc.
In the "crop" screen that lets you edit the area of the document you want to crop, you now have the ability to let Genius Scan automatically detect the document. This will be useful if you import documents from the photo library.
Genius Scan integrates with iCloud Keychain to let you log in easily in your Genius Cloud account accross all your devices and on the web app.
You can now define your preferred account for emailing documents from Genius Scan. You can configure this in the Settings under Export > Email. This is convenient if you always want to use your work email to email documents while keeping your phone's default email account as personal.
IMPROVEMENTS AND BUG FIXES
- Improved document renaming: auto-capitalization, auto-correction and word suggestions
- Fixes issue with back button being to close to the document title
- Fixed a couple glitches in animations!
We hope you will like this new release! We know there are changes that will affect some of you but know that we took a lot of care and thinking to make sure this was a largely positive change for everyone in terms of UX and safety. If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org as this will help us improve on it or address issues you may encounter.
Ratings and Reviews
This is the scanner app you MUST HAVE
I’ve been using Genius Scan for almost 2 years now, I rarely leave a review for any app, but I feel like this one deserves to be recognized. It is very easy to use, the clarity on the scanned document is great, there’s lots of customizable scanning settings you can choose from, you can also have it automatically upload to dropbox or Google Drive, I even was able to contact the developer about a simple change to the sorting of folders within Google drive by alphabetical order and day were able to accommodate the request in their next update which was extremely helpful. If you are on the go a lot like I am and not always at your desk this app is an absolute lifesaver. Even when I am in my office I don’t even use my copy scanner anymore because it takes too long and the quality on The genius scan app is just as good if not better, and it’s much quicker. Save yourself a ton of time and start using this app today.
Love it. Would upgrade for $3. Not for $8
I love the app. Used it and recommended it since 2013 I’m the free version. Since a week or two ago the “hidden” Save-to-Dropbox functionality was gone from the free version. Fair enough BUT, a) It happened In the background, not through an upgrade, sonI del cheated. B) I would happily upgrade just for that function; I do not need anything else but not for $7.99. I would happily pay a couple of bucks, not so much c) i considered the cloud option but again, totally out of price. I already pay Dropbox and Apple cloud, plus iDrice cloud for backups. $3 a month for just a small subset of documents? Guys, that should be the annual cost, not monthly.
It seems you are trying to skin off a few paying clients instead of broadening your base and making us loyal.
Sadly, After 5 years of happy customer and promoter, I will start to look around for other options. That costs you way more than the extra dollars you are trying to charge.
There are literally like 40 different but yet completely the same Scanner. The subtle differences, if any, may be that you can have one “singular” thing that you can’t unlock on your favorite Scanner app. Like exporting or importing or saving for offline use, etc etc. I think it’s a waisted game some developers play when it comes to their scanner applications and the free to paid features that separate one app from the next. Honestly, I have no life,.so I’m one of the few that have time to try all of them and then slowly delete the ones I saw as more of a hassle, didn’t have that one thing (it can be whatever you need it to be depending on ones needs). But I’m gonna stop here bc I’m really just chatting randomly, but this “Genius Scanner” is not half bad, different maker, app color and logo, same results...lol. But I will give it about an B+! If u got this far in my review, your cool.,.i like you. Sooo thank you Apple, this was a complete fun and somewhat enjoyable review.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- The Grizzly Labs
- 39.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 The Grizzly Labs
- In-App Purchases
- Genius Scan+ $7.99
- Monthly Subscription $2.99
- 1 Year Subscription $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.