Genius Scan is a scanner in your pocket. Quickly scan your documents on the go and export them as JPEG or multi-page PDF files.
"Next time you plan to hit the road don't forget to download a copy of Genius Scan to make life easier for yourself and your accounting department." - AppPicker.com
"Camera apps aren't designed for close-up text scanning, but Genius Scan is." - The Guardian
Our scanning technology includes smart page detection, perspective correction and image enhancement. The batch scanning lets you scan dozens of pages in a matter of seconds. In addition, Genius Scan offers powerful tools to organize and safely export your documents.
More than 20 million users have downloaded this scanner app and thousands of small businesses are trusting it. Apple featured Genius Scan several times and named it “App of the Week”. Genius Scan is constantly praised by its users.
WHAT PEOPLE USE GENIUS SCAN FOR:
- Quickly scan any document anywhere, when you don't have a scanner at hand
- Avoid buying an expensive scanner that you are never going to use
- Have your employees on the road send contracts, sales agreement to the headquarters immediately upon signature.
- Expedite expense reports by quickly creating a PDF with all your receipts and send them to Expensify
- Get rid of all your paper documents by archiving them to Dropbox
- Quickly scan a form you just printed when you don’t have a scanner
- At the university, take a picture of a whiteboard
- Archive handwritten notes or share them with colleagues
- Save the perfect recipe after cooking
- Save handwritten memos, or book pages for future reference
- Share a good restaurant menu on Twitter
WHAT ARE THE KEY FEATURES:
- Detects the page frame, crops it and corrects the perspective: you don't need to take a perfect straight shot. Genius Scan will remove any unnecessary background
- Enhances the legibility of your document: black and white or color post-processing
- Batch scanning let you quickly scan pages in a row
- Batch import from the gallery to import dozens of photos at a time
- Emails the scans as JPEG or PDF files
- Creates PDF documents with multiple pages
- Organizes your documents with titles, tags and powerful search
- Smart document names let you adapt Genius Scan to your workflow
- Exports the documents to Box, Dropbox, Evernote, Expensify, Facebook, Google Drive, OneDrive (and OneDrive for Business), OneNote (and OneNote for Business), FTP, SugarSync, Twitter, WebDAV and other applications
- Prints over AirPrint
- Shares document over Wifi for easy access from your computer
- Documents are processed on the phone, not sent to a third-party server
- Protect your documents with Touch ID and encrypt PDF files with a password
Some features are only available in Genius Scan+: printing, cloud export, no ads and customizable email signatures, Touch ID and PDF protection.
GENIUS CLOUD SUBSCRIPTIONS:
Some features of Genius Scan require a paid subscription to the Genius Cloud service. There are two Genius Cloud subscriptions:
- 1 month for $2.99, renews monthly
- 1 year for $29.99, renews yearly
Genius Cloud subscriptions will automatically renew within 24 hours before the subscription period ends, unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will be charged through your iTunes account. You can manage your subscription and may turn off auto-renewal in your iTunes Account Settings.
- Website: http://www.thegrizzlylabs.com
- Twitter: @thegrizzlylabs
- Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our goal is to create the best scanner app to make it easy and fast for you to digitize your documents. We are always available to answer your questions.
Happy New Year!
- Improved speed of Genius Cloud synchronization (Genius Cloud is an optional service offered in Genius Scan that let you backup your documents, synchronize them between multiple devices and access them directly from anywhere on geniuscloud.com)
If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know at email@example.com as this will help us improve on it or address issues you may encounter.
Ratings and Reviews
Very dependable app that just gets smarter and smarter...I love it.
I love this app. It is one of the few that stands out as golden, a must-have for me. It is a huge time-saver. The quality of the PDFs is such that I don't even have to crank up my scanner for most purposes. I just take a picture or import an image from photos, let the mostly automatic features clean it up for me, move pages around if I want, and then hit send and done. There are additional features I haven't dug into but every feature I have used works flawlessly, updates are seamless and have consistently made the app more intuitive while keeping to the original sense of workflow so you don't have a new learning curve with every update. And I have had it for years and they've never had me pay for an update. I've never had a complaint about it as either a user or from clients and others receiving the scans, yet I am always pleasantly surprised how the upgrades continue to improve and streamline the experience. I am going out of my way here to give clear kudos because this is one of those rare apps that actually delivers what it promises and this development team deserves deep praise. Thank you for the time you've saved me.
From 5 to 2 stars with latest version
This used to be one of my favorite apps and I gave it an excellent review a few years ago. But all of a sudden this update has made it a so aggravating that it's almost unusable for me. It used to ask me to scan a page at a time and now it thinks I want to scan multiple pages and it's not easy to figure out how to end a scan. Because it used to scan one page at a time I could correct the orientation of each page as I scanned it but now I have to go into the document and adjust each one separately which cost me more time. It locked up when exporting and I had multiple problems exporting it to dropbox. Sometimes it would only send one of multiple pages other times it would lock up and the latest option was squishing two pages into one page. It might be because one was landscape and one was portrait but it still should be able to fix that. It's just a bummer when something works well and then it becomes so aggravating you wish you hadn't purchased it.
Developer Response ,
With this last update we know we have changed quite a bit and we understand that this can be frustrating. The next major update will actually make everything much faster (actually faster than the previous update) but we needed to take this step before. I apologize for this being inconvenient.
We are also restoring the Single/Batch switch in the next minor update of Genius Scan (to be released as soon as Apple approves it!).
We would be happy to help you further if you could email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
High function, light weight.
I have used this app for several years, including a period of several months when I used it to scan all our mail. Simple, fast, intuitive, and functional. Well worth the price.
- de-skew mechanism
- pdf or jpg
- integration to google drive, mail, photos
I routinely use it to do impromptu scans of whiteboards, letters, angled pix. The de-skew means you can get a good picture without glare or flash reflection, then straighten it.
Maintenance and enhancement has tracked over all this time.
The de-skew automated corner finding is finicky (A good contrast background helps a lot), but the UI to adjust it is quick and intuitive. This is important, because many pix require that you eyeball the perspective (whiteboard diagrams, store signs). The image post processing is also good, especially for documents.
I use the integration to google drive and photos a lot. I scan and mail docs all the time. I always have the best picture of the whiteboard to distribute.
Provided is a good way to build up a database of docs on your phone, but I have found that is a mixed blessing, security concerns). Currently keep it down to a few docs. I see there is now a cloud integration mode, which I haven’t used—if you trust this with your docs, I can see that it would make it a lot easier to maintain.
- The Grizzly Labs
- 41.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 The Grizzly Labs
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Month Subscription $2.99
- Genius Cloud 1 Year Subscripti $29.99
- Super Large Tip $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.