Geoboard is a tool for exploring a variety of mathematical topics introduced in the elementary and middle grades. Learners stretch bands around the pegs to form line segments and polygons and make discoveries about perimeter, area, angles, congruence, fractions, and more.
This virtual version of the manipulative is an open-ended educational tool, ideal for elementary classrooms and other learning environments that use iPod Touches, iPhones, or iPads.
• Create line segments and polygons by stretching bands around the Geoboard’s pegs.
• Choose from 5 different band colors; 8 band colors on the iPad.
• Fill individual shapes with a transparent color, or use the Fill All button to toggle all the bands between filled and unfilled.
• Switch between the standard 25-peg square board, a rectangular board with 150 pegs, or a circular board with 13 pegs. The circular board enables explorations with angles, fractions, and time measurement.
• Duplicate shapes then move, rotate, or flip them to explore symmetry and congruency.
• Change the color of selected bands.
• Display grid lines with or without numbering to more easily calculate area and identify shape locations.
• Use the drawing tools to annotate work and show understanding
• Write equations and expressions with the text tool.
For more Geoboard resources, a web and Windows version, and other apps, visit:www.mathlearningcenter.org/apps
To learn about Bridges in Mathematics, an elementary curriculum that employs visual models such as the geoboard, please visit: www.mathlearningcenter.org/bridges/overview
This app is brought to you by The Math Learning Center, a nonprofit organization dedicated to K-12 math education since 1976. Visit us at: www.mathlearningcenter.org
The Geoboard app was made possible by a generous donation from Dr. David Moursund.
This app was crafted by Clarity Innovations. We help improve teaching and learning by creating solutions that match promising technologies with the needs of education. Visit us at: www.clarity-innovations.com
New features added to the math text tool:
• When fractions are created using the text tool, they are automatically converted to the stacked fraction format.
• More symbols for writing equations and expressions.
Ratings and Reviews
I was making a really complicated rainbow that took time and energy I don’t do anything for two days I come back AND IT DELETED ITSELF!! AGHHHHHHHHH this needs to be fixed
great app needs more colors
i love this app it's fun to make shapes and cool stuff but i would like some more colors on the iphone version like purple gray and orange
Great, clean app. Good supplement in the classroom.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.