Geocaching Toolkit iGCT
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Geocaching is a worldwide game of hiding and seeking treasure.
A multi-cache involves two or more locations. Clues guide the geocacher from location to location. Sometimes these clues involve a puzzle, some calculations (e.g. on text or using roman numbers) or projecting a new waypoint using distances and bearings. Sometimes the calculations are easy, but this toolkit can help when calculations become tedious while out there in the field.
This geocaching toolkit can help you using the following features:
- Conversion of degrees, minutes and seconds to other formats
- Conversion between WGS84 and UTM coordinates
- For my Dutch friends the RD coordinates are included
- Also the Swiss grid is supported
- Show the entered Latitude/Longitude using the iPhone map application
- Project a waypoint by specifying distance and bearing
- Calculate distance and bearing between two waypoints
- Intersect two lines using two waypoints and bearings
- Intersect two circles using two waypoints and distances
- Calculate the sum of the character values in one or more words
- Choose between a=1, b=2 etc., the inverse a=26, b=25 etc. or the phonepad abc=2, def=3 etc.
- Also calculate the sum of all digits of the result
- Repeat summation of digits until 1 digit remains
- Decrypt encrypted hint text to plain text
- Convert between roman numbers and decimal values and vice versa
NOTE: This toolkit will work on an iPhone and an iPod touch.
If you use the GPS to determine your current location, best results are obtained using an iPhone 3G.
Calculated locations can be shown on google maps provided you have an internet connection.
More technical information and help can be found on the website igct.btstsoft.nl.
What's New in Version 2.0
- Fixed a bug when showing a location on the external Maps app on iOS5 and later.
- Fixed a bug in some UTM regions in Norway
- This build of iGCT runs on any device with iOS3.0 or higher
- Added a link to the App Store for upgrading to iGCT PRO with extra features available on iOS4.2 or higher.
Does what it says. Easy to use. Hid my first cache today thanks to this app!
Don't upgrade to iOS 6.0
Works great on iOS < 6.0 .
Google Maps gone on iOS6
Now can only see cache location, can not see my current location.
What do u mean the app is no longer available. Trying to get update on app and I get that it is no longer available
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Apr 03, 2012
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 0.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: WA Verhoef
- © 2008-2012 BtStSoft
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.