Join the world’s largest treasure-hunting community with the official app for geocaching. Whether you are off to find your first geocache or your ten-thousandth, this app is your ultimate geocaching toolbox.
There are millions of clever containers called geocaches hidden in almost every country on Earth, just waiting to be found—there are probably even some near you right now. Just getting started? This app walks you through the adventure of finding your first few geocaches. There are tips, hints, and instructions for geocaching as well as using the app.
● See details with description, recent activity, attributes, and hints for each geocache
● Navigate to the cache using map, compass, or driving directions
● Live Search continuously updates nearby geocaches as you move
● Find all easy Traditional geocaches and geocaching events
● Message other players for tips, hints, and more
● Learn about trackables: geocaching game pieces that travel from geocache to geocache
● Adjust your navigation and distance settings to your personal preference
● Access to GeoTour caches of all cache types and D/T ratings
Search and Sorting:
● Search for GC codes, locations, landmarks, and neighborhoods
● Search for GeoTours by GT code or see a directory of all GeoTours worldwide
● Sort by distance
● Search for trackables
● Log trackables - grab, retrieve, drop, dip, or discover
● View your trackable inventory
● Log a geocache now or save as a draft for later
● Add photos to share your adventure
● Improve cache quality by reporting geocaches that need maintenance
Unlock even more adventure with Geocaching Premium:
● Find any geocache in the world, including Premium Member Only caches
● Filter geocaches by size, type, difficulty, terrain, and found/owned
● Sort lists of geocaches by distance, Favorite points, or geocache name
● Geocache anywhere, anytime with offline maps
● Take the road less traveled with Trails map
● Plan, add, or edit your next adventure with Lists
● Award Favorite points to geocaches you enjoy most
● Auto-sync Lists and Pocket Queries created on the Geocaching website
● Gain access to all Premium features on the Geocaching website
We are committed to building the best tools for geocachers to create, share, and play this game. By joining and maintaining your Premium membership, you are helping to shape the future of Geocaching. In addition to your support of the game, Premium members also get access to more features, more geocaches, and more adventure.
You can buy a Premium membership subscription through your iTunes account. Premium membership is available with a monthly or annual subscription. You can subscribe and pay through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
Ongoing maintenance. The latest app update includes small visual changes and bug fixes for a more consistent experience.
Ratings and Reviews
This app is amazing and did use it all the time! But there are a few things I think you should look into. Firstly, there is no way to edit a geocache desciption or add images one it has been created. This is a problem for me because there are certain things I hadn't mapped out about my cache that I really needed to add, and no matter what I did, nothing. Second, the fact that I have to may a 𝑚𝑜𝑛𝑡ℎ𝑙𝑦 fee is terrible. I wouldn't make my consumers pay 𝑎𝑛𝑦𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 to get access to all the geocaches on a 𝑔𝑒𝑜𝑐𝑎𝑐ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 app, no less, but if you're gonna make a payment, at least make it a one-time thing. This way more people will want to get the membership- because it's simpler, but also you will get more money this way. Everything is just less complex. The last thing isn't so bad, although sometimes it is a problem for me, not being able to "tag" someone else who helped you with the geocache. I think you should be able to link them as well.
So to recap, editing a cache, the subscription payment, and others. Please fix these and this could be a 5-star rating. But other than that, this app is great!
The app Does what it says it will do
While I agree with Doris45, that operating the app under a basic membership has its limitations, the app still does what it says it will do. The features available with a premium membership are because those people pay for the service. Groundspeak / Geocaching is no different than any other service that has a free basic and a paying premium membership system. The bottom line is it does what it says it will do.
That being said, I am giving it 4 stars (I would give it 4.5 or even 4.75 if I could, just not a full 5) because I still find little glitches and some limitations that annoy me (i.e. only being able to see /load caches if zoomed in under a certain level / limit on number of caches visible at one time). Where I am, caches are spread out and I would rather see a wide view rather than needing to scroll over and then load a new area. But given the option of the app on a phone or a GPS that I have to upload and its other limitations, I choose the app on a smart phone any day (where I still have cell service).
I’ll stick with the website, thank you
I first optimistically downloaded this app around a year ago. Finally! A quick, easy way to geocache without having to first figure out my route, add geocaches to my Garmin eTrek GPS by hand, and gather up a backpack full of supplies and a group of people for a long geocaching hike! However, I missed the part of the description where basic members (like me) could only see those few geocaches with a difficulty of 1.5 stars or less. I was severely disappointed. Not only was I unable to see any of the geocaches in my area, I couldn’t even see the caches I had placed! It took about 5 minutes for me to decide to return to the website permanently. I give this app 2 stars because it at least has some potential as a new, easy version of the geocaching I know and love, but in its current state, it is virtually unusable for those unwilling to pay a Premium subscription. No matter how many features you add, how simple and intuitive you make the geocaching process, and how detailed you make the maps, this is a geocaching app, and a geocaching app without the geocaches is pointless.
- Groundspeak Inc.
- 112.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Luxembourgish, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2013-2019 Groundspeak, Inc. DBA Geocaching
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Premium Membership $5.99
- Annual Premium Membership $29.99
- 3-month membership $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.