By Groundspeak Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Join the world’s largest treasure hunting community with the official app for geocaching. Whether you are off to find your first geocache or your ten-thousandth, this app is your ultimate geocaching toolbox. There are millions of cleverly hidden containers called geocaches scattered throughout more than 185 countries, just waiting to be found—there are probably even some near you right now.
Just getting started? This app walks you through the adventure of finding your first few geocaches. There are tips, hints and instructions for geocaching as well as using the app.
• Live Search continuously updates nearby geocaches as you move
• Find all easy Traditional geocaches and geocaching events
• Message other players for tips, hints and more
• Learn about the world of trackables: geocaching game pieces that travel from geocache to geocache
• Search for and log trackables you find in the wild
Unlock even more adventure with Geocaching Premium:
• Find any geocache in the world, including Premium Member Only caches
• Access a search tool to sort through them all
• Enjoy new and improved tools for finding advanced geocache types
• Create lists of geocaches and save them for offline use
• Gain access to all Premium features on the Geocaching website
If you purchase a Premium membership in this app, you will be automatically billed $5.99/month or $29.99/year through iTunes until you cancel your subscription. Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.7
In this release, we added the Trails map type to help you find hard-to-reach geocaches. This feature uses open-source maps to show trails in cities, parks, and wild spaces.
We also fixed bugs and made background changes to improve the app.
Once was fun. Now a scam to get your money.
I remember the days where geocaching was free and you could find every single one and not have to have this so called Premium Account. Back then I had found every single one around my town and surrounding area. Who wants to pay money to go on a treasure hunt. Not me. That's not fun anymore. I'd rather go catch Pokemon if that's how it's going to be. So until this awesome treasure hunt is free again. I'm getting rid of it. I'm ashamed. Appalled at what this has come to. If you needed the money just make the app 5$ I would have paid for it.
Cmon geocaching 🙁
You offer trails and when it FIRST comes out it WAS free , great! Then suddenly the panel changes to: trails are a premium feature! There's no way you're allowed to do this! You do not own the mapping information & what's stopping me from going to google maps and using their app for FREE to use a waypoint and get the trails? My point is, sure sell it, but why? This information should not be exclusive as it's a public asset
Money grab pure and simple!!!!
Updating your app will only make people resubmit their 1 star ratings.....
Most caches are behind a paywall now. I already bought the "classic" app. Why did you get rid of it?m? Do the right thing and reinstate it.
In the meantime I've changed all my hidden caches to be 1.5 or less so everyone can see them. Everyone else should do the same thing.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Sep 21, 2016
- Version: 4.7
- Size: 93.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Korean, Latvian, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: Groundspeak Inc.
- © 2013 Groundspeak Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 3-month membership$9.99
- 1-year membership$29.99