By Groundspeak Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Join the world’s largest treasure-hunting community with the official app for geocaching. Whether you are off to find your first geocache or your ten-thousandth, this app is your ultimate geocaching toolbox.
There are millions of clever containers called geocaches hidden in almost every country on Earth, just waiting to be found—there are probably even some near you right now. Just getting started? This app walks you through the adventure of finding your first few geocaches. There are tips, hints, and instructions for geocaching as well as using the app.
● See details with description, recent activity, attributes, and hints for each geocache
● Navigate to the cache using map, compass, or driving directions
● Live Search continuously updates nearby geocaches as you move
● Find all easy Traditional geocaches and geocaching events
● Message other players for tips, hints, and more
● Learn about trackables: geocaching game pieces that travel from geocache to geocache
● Adjust your navigation and distance settings to your personal preference
● Access to GeoTour caches of all cache types and D/T ratings
Search and Sorting:
● Search for GC codes, locations, landmarks, and neighborhoods
● Search for GeoTours by GT code or see a directory of all GeoTours worldwide
● Sort by distance
● Search for trackables
● Log trackables - grab, retrieve, drop, dip, or discover
● View your trackable inventory
● Log a geocache now or save as a draft for later
● Add photos to share your adventure
● Improve cache quality by reporting geocaches that need maintenance
Unlock even more adventure with Geocaching Premium:
● Find any geocache in the world, including Premium Member Only caches
● Filter geocaches by size, type, difficulty, terrain, and found/owned
● Sort lists of geocaches by distance, Favorite points, or geocache name
● Geocache anywhere, anytime with offline maps
● Take the road less traveled with Trails map
● Plan, add, or edit your next adventure with Lists
● Award Favorite points to geocaches you enjoy most
● Auto-sync Lists and Pocket Queries created on the Geocaching website
● Gain access to all Premium features on the Geocaching website
We are committed to building the best tools for geocachers to create, share, and play this game. By joining and maintaining your Premium membership, you are helping to shape the future of Geocaching. In addition to your support of the game, Premium members also get access to more features, more geocaches, and more adventure.
You can buy a Premium membership subscription through your iTunes account. Premium membership is available with a monthly or annual subscription. You can subscribe and pay through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
What's New in Version 5.6.1
In this release, we squashed a bunch of bugs and made several performance improvements. Most importantly, we fixed a bug that was causing the app to crash on startup for some users immediately after updating to a new version.
Pretty happy with it.
I'm pretty happy with the app. My primary lament from the previous version is the loss of being able to post directly to Facebook when I log a cache. I love the integration with the website, especially sharing lists. I can set up lists from the app and then load them directly to my Garmin from the website on my PC. My wife loves being able to flip directly into Waze for navigation to a cache. I'm not one of those people who believe everything in life should magically be free. I can see where my $30 per year goes in app and website development, website and database management and hosting, event planning and execution (such as "Where in the World is Signal" and "Lost Treasure of Mary Hyde")... We do most of our caching from the app on my iPad and actually find both the GPS locations and the satellite views to be very accurate.
App lacks so much, you are losing long time users *and* those they would have hooked if app was better. Short: losing users exponentially!
For some its not plausible to get a gpsr until they love the game through the app first.
Somehow gamify unlocking higher d/t (and the types please?) by finding a certain amount of geocaches etc.?
My workaround for when I'm in the field and I can't see a cache on the app, I just open my browser to the geocaching website. I don't use functions of the app when I'm caching! Please give me more functions on the app so I want to use it. Plus I am able to see more types than traditionals, like letterbox, and virtual. Virtuals and earthcaches don't have containers to be ruined, they're types to learn from. What's the reason for not displaying them on the app again?
Summer 2017 update:
Summer souvenir challenge was so fun when all d/t ratings were unlocked! Closer to where I would like to see this app!
I'd give it zero stars if I could.
It's been a year or so since I geocached, but I thought yesterday was a good time to resume. I had the $10 app on my phone from before, but "upgraded" yesterday thinking I could quickly locate a cache I'd found last year so I could leave some items in it. This app is SO BAD. I never found the cache, but the worst part is that they charged me to get to information I'd already paid to get - then didn't deliver that information as well as the version I had bought before. - Also, it's impossible to end the $6.54 monthly charge using your phone. You have to dig deep into iTunes subscription preferences on a computer to end it. I could have literally paid a guide to take me to caches for the time, trouble and expense this app caused.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Aug 03, 2017
- Version: 5.6.1
- Size: 97.1 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Korean, Latvian, Luxembourgish, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: Groundspeak Inc.
- © 2013-2017 Groundspeak, Inc. DBA Geocaching
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Premium Membership$5.99
- 3-month membership$9.99
- Premium Membership$29.99
- 1-year membership$29.99