GEOFENCY enables fully automatic location-based time recording on iPhone, iPad & Apple Watch, where manual check-in and check-out becomes an absurdity of the past. Arrival and departure times are automatically recorded as soon as you enter or leave an interesting place – it works like magic! Of course all very energy efficient, thanks to the latest Geofencing & iBeacon technologies! With the integrated webhook feature you can even trigger your home automation system as you arrive or leave (e.g. switch on the lights when coming home)!
Ideal for automatic monitoring of working hours, client visits, lunch breaks or the stays on your favorite places! GEOFENCY offers the easiest and most effective way to MONITOR your DURATION OF STAYS on interesting places. Unpleasant manual time recording was yesterday!
• Are you tired of having to write down working hours again and again?
• Fed up leaving the office absently, missed to check the clock?
• Can't you remember when you came or left your favorite places?
Let the iPhone take over this nerve-racking time monitoring for you!
With GEOFENCY this is now possible in a smart and clever new way! Simply mark your points of interest on a map and leave the rest to Geofency!
GEOFENCY automatically tracks the times when you enter or leave your points of interest. Simply carry your iPhone in your pocket or bag with you. You will automatically receive extensive statistics and graphics over time!
Automatic Location-based Time Tracking – The (GEO)FANCY way!
• Automatic location-based time tracking - 24/7 time recording for your points of interest!
• Graphical visualization of your dwell times (by simply rotating your device to landscape) - with zoom!
• Rich statistics: Single-, Day-, Week- & Month-Summaries.
• Map-View: Manage your points of interest directly on a beautiful fullscreen map view.
• Add new locations in seconds – With just one tap!
• Runs completely in the background while trying to maintain good battery life!
• Automatic recognition when you enter or leave a place or region.
• Webhook feature: Lets you control your home automation system to e.g. switch on lights as you arrive!
• Journaling feature: Automatic recognition of frequent visited places – to know exactly when you've been where and how long!
• Calendar-Export: Export events automatically into your calendar (iCloud, CalDAV & Exchange) – view your data comfortable even from Mac or PC!
• Today Widget: See the most interesting details right from the Notification Center with one swipe and be more productive!
• Apple Watch App!
• Export feature: Send time recordings via e.g. email in an Excel-friendly format!
• Export time data and use it directly in Excel, Numbers or Harvest!
Simple to use daily timesaver! You don't have to fiddle around with time recordings on yourself. Free your mind and just don't bother about manual time tracking anymore!
100% Private: Only YOU can see your data. We will never collect or share any information about you. We respect and care about the privacy of our users!
For the best and most accurate monitoring results, Wi-Fi, carrier and location services should always be enabled for Geofency. iBeacon monitoring requires at least Bluetooth 4.
Continued use of GPS in the background can significantly reduce battery life. Geofency was designed to use GPS very sparingly and never in the background. The app relies mostly on cell tower + Wi-Fi locations. This has been carefully chosen to get the best battery life.
WHAT PEOPLE SAY
• "I had no idea that my iPhone could do such things!"
• "Beautiful, polished and elegant designed. Extremely simple to use."
• "Perhaps the most overall effective app available."
Find out more on our landing page: www.geofency.com
Sample-Script for easy webhook integration: www.geofency.com/geo.zip
• Improves stability when merging events within a day.
If you like Geofency, please leave us a rating on the App Store. It helps a lot. If not, please send your feedback to email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
MUCH better than expected
I have been using this for 12 weeks to track my arrival and departure from work and I have not experienced a single inaccuracy. Being able to view day, week and months separately is excellent. An unexpected convenience is merging “events” together. In this example the “events” are my time at a location. Let’s say your phone dies while logging time at a location. Well, you can merge the two “events” together (before phone died and after phone turned back on) with a simple click. Suggestions for improvement include modification of the week start day (my company uses Saturday) and to a lesser extent the week numbers (my company week #1 occurs in February). Overall I am quite impressed with this app.
Great location and activity recorder
I initially tried this because my daughter was bothered by NY and NJ state tax inspectors, concerning proof on where she might have earned taxable income. I am not in that same situation, but it fills the task well enough to record of trips to supermarkets, malls, health clubs and a very nice vacation example of a two flight connection to Curaçao. So every so often I check how many times I actually went swimming or bought groceries. And this record might stimulate me into a better set of health care habits. And backwards,it also allows me to check on my calendar what else I have been doing.
Nothing is perfect but this gets near. I wish a somewhat better instruction set came with the app. It took me a while to gain familiarity with the setup.
Reliable but needs more options
I use geofency to trigger a webhook when my phone detects ibeacons either in my car or in my house, to improve the reliability of presence for my smart home hub. The signal strength of beacons fluctuates significantly, though, so your presence will fluctuate significantly as well even when you are near beacons. Geofency has a setting called time threshold that smooths out the presence detection over time, but it also delays triggering webhooks on both entrance and exit events. What’s needed is a time threshold dedicated for exit events and a separate time threshold dedicated for entrance events, so that quick triggering can still occur on entrance events by setting the entrance-time-threshold low, but smoother overall presence detection can occur by setting the exit-time-threshold high.
- Karl Heinz Herbel
- 7.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2013-2019 Tion
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.