How would you like a mapping app with routing and GPS tracking that offers you the BEST 3D VISUALIZATION for the outdoors?
How would you like a mapping app that shows points of interest in 3D with info or links to embedded Wikipedia pages?
How would you like a mapping app that works OFFLINE, too?
GeoFlyer 3D Maps offers you all this and more!
If you love hiking, biking, horseback riding, or any other outdoor activity, GeoFlyer 3D Maps is the app you need.
- Online and Offline modes (with preloading of selected areas)
- Highly-detailed 3D terrain
- 3D labels/icons of Points of Interest (POIs)
- Integrated Wikipedia descriptions
- Place searching by name (Online and Offline)
- GPS tracking
- Personal Points of Interest (POIs)
- Sync of tracks and routes on all your devices (iCloud)
- Altimetry graph and statistics
- Custom-made gCARTA topographic chart
- Gyroscope features: GyroPilot and First Person View (Immersive Reality)
GeoFlyer 3D Maps Europe reproduces the terrain in 3D with stunning details, using the best available digital elevation models from NASA and various European mapping agencies.
The terrain is overlaid with a custom-made topographic chart (gCARTA) that shows trails and accurate elevation contour lines, or aerial images if you prefer.
Find out more about a POI using the labels and icons. Wikipedia geo-tagged entries and other associated content are integrated right into the 3D map.
Plan your trip using multiple routing options, and save your routes for later use.
Record your GPS tracks and share them with your friends through Facebook or other social media.
Get the best from your outdoor experience with the “First Person View” mode, a sort of augmented reality feature that enables you to see a virtual 3D view of what is in front of you, allowing you to identify peaks and other landmarks.
And it’s fun! Try the GyroPilot mode: dive into the valleys with a low level flyby, handling your device like a virtual plane, and explore the maps like a top-gun pilot!
GeoFlyer 3D Maps… your outdoor companion!
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
* Added Hiking Mode to the Routing tool
* Improved the iCloud synchronization of tracks
* Improved the height graph of GPS tracks
Ratings and Reviews
I like this app
I’m planning a hiking trip to Europe, and this is my perfect daily tool to keep track of my progress. I have saved my trip ahead of time, marking the points that I should follow. It gives me the distance and the altitud.
Love This App
This app is fantastic. I love the choice of topo+satellite, I love the deep 3D... this is the way to plan a trip, with paper map on trial.
Inspirational if you're going, because you realize just what kind of shape you need to be in before you get there.
Also frustratingly great for living vicariously, if you can't get there in person; but this and a bookshelf full of guidebooks and True Tales of the Mountains and you are going to be all set for a lifetime of evenings.
We recently used the full Europe version for our Haute Route Trek, hiking from Chamonix to Zermatt, as our primary navigation tool. It was excellent.
- GeoMind Srl
- 58.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone and iPad.
- English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2014-2018 GeoMind Srl
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.