By Integrity Logic
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The ultimate app for Geography/Geology amateurs and professionals."
- Mel Martin, TUAW.com
Do you know which state assembly district you are in? Which school district? Where is the closest railroad? Is there a mine nearby? What kind of rock are you sitting on?
Geograph GA is the edition of the popular GIS (geographic information system) covering the state of Missouri. It is a self-contained application (no Internet or cellular access required) that contains a vast amount of information about the geography and geology of the Show Me State. You can combine various data layers, zoom in and out, and get a lot of details about the physical and human geography of Missouri.
While this is a professional-grade tool, it can easily be used by anyone curious about their environment.
This release has 41 layers (and new layers are frequently added). Installed by default are:
- states outlines
- the complete geological map from USGS
- surficial materials and faults
- terrain elevation and ocean bathymetry
- zip codes
- over 6,000 named features (summits, tunnels, cliffs, bridges, etc...) with link to USGS information page
- U.S. congressional districts with link to representatives' web sites
- over 12,000 mineral resources with link to USGS web site
- active mines
- public land ownership
- hydrologic units
- EPA ecological regions
- 1,300 USGS quadrangles
- urban areas
- seismic risk
- counties with link to census data
- roads and major streets
- railroad tracks
- UTM zones and state plane zones
- main aquifers with link to EPA web site
Layers that can be downloaded from the application include:
- state House districts with link to representatives' web sites
- state Senate districts with link to senators' web sites
- all school districts
- boundaries of cities and villages with link to census data
- town boundaries
- landmark areas (parks, campgrounds, airports, etc...)
- landmark points (schools, hospitals, fire stations, etc...)
- airports with link to FAA data pages for each airport
- over 12,000 geodetic points with link to the National Geodetic Survey details pages
- national park boundaries with link to the National Park Service web page for each park
- railroad crossings with link to details page from the Federal Railroad Administration
- floodable areas from FEMA (premium content)
- 1,337 National Register Historic Places
- almost 500,000 streets and roads (by county)
Each layer contains additional information about its features. For instance, the geology layer has a description of the unit's name, age range, rock type, and description. Each mine has a name, a commodity, a facility type, and a company name. See our web site for more information about each layer. Layers can be re-ordered and combined with transparency, allowing an unlimited number of combinations.
Very Impressive App
I'm a professional geologist and hydrogeologist who works on a wide variety of sites in different states. I've found this app and their similar ones for other states to be of use in my work. I also like how I can obtain a large amount of geological and geographical information on the fly for my own interest as I travel.
Explorers, Geocachers, Hikers, Spelunkers
Those interested in outdoor activities centered on exploration, discovery, fitness and education will find this app a valuable asset. Identify terrain, geological features, water sources, points of interest. Comprehensive and well designed source of information.
- Category: Reference
- Released: Feb 27, 2010
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 58.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Integrity Logic LLC
- © 2010 Integrity Logic LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- FEMA flood maps for Missouri$4.99