Geography Drive USA™
By Spinlight Studio
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Hit the gas and head out on the highway in the fact-packed game that turns textbook geography into an exciting cross-country adventure.
In Geography Drive USA™, knowledge fuels your car on a coast-to-coast quest to learn about the fifty U.S. states. Answer questions to unlock the airports and fuel stations essential to stay in the game. Or take a chance on a bonus delivery and earn the cash to upgrade your ride. Whatever you do, keep one eye on your fuel, because the bottom of the tank means the end of the road in the latest, fun-filled educational app from the makers of Operation Math.
Awards & Achievements:
• Editor’s Choice Award - Children’s Technology Review
• iOS Apple New and Noteworthy
• iOS Top 10 Education App
HAVE FUN LEARNING:
• The shapes, capitals, nicknames, postal abbreviations, flags, key symbols and more for all 50 U.S. states.
• National rivers, mountains, parks and time zones, along with important trails, railroads, U.S. cities and other attractions.
• Important landmarks, movements and key historical events.
• Customizable cars and player garage signs.
• The ability to track and score three different players/teams.
• A game-based newspaper with headlines that change to recognize player achievements.
• A visitor center with 50 state brochures and a large collection of regional and national maps.
• A traveling state fair and fun mini games that add to game variety.
• Fun, travel-themed music score.
• Over 750 state and national geography questions.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT
Geography Drive USA™ blends the facts you need with the game-play action you crave for one fun, cross-country adventure featuring:
MINI GAMES: Geography Drive USA™ includes the following exciting mini games:
The State Fair Capital Game
The State Fare State Shape Game
The Honolulu State Spelling Bee
The Flagstaff State Flag Game
VISITOR CENTER: Drop by the Visitor Center to brush up on your state facts or view a large collection of national and regional maps. Here, you’ll find everything you need to know to improve your performance on the road, including the following facts for every state:
• State capital
• State flag
• State nickname
• State tree
• State bird
• Postal abbreviation
• Total size
• Highest point
• Statehood date
TROPHIES AND HEADLINES: There are over 16 different trophies waiting to be claimed and displayed in your personal trophy case. And the biggest achievements are recognized in the Geography Drive Newspaper for all other players to see.
CUSTOMIZATION AND UPGRADES: Earn cash to upgrade your car or give it a different paint job. Or customize your garage sign with your name and fun design elements.
BEYOND THE STATES: Geography Drive USA™ includes 100 national questions designed to test your knowledge of rivers, oceans, time zones, major cities, landmarks, major geographic regions and more. You’ll even find a few major historical events thrown in, just to keep you on your toes.
TUTORIAL AND GAME PLAY TIPS: Geography Drive USA™ includes a helpful tutorial, as well as in-game tips and reminders that make the game easy to learn and fun to play — even for beginners.
Geography Drive USA
This game can become addictive. Great learning tool. Ran into problems though trying to fill my fuel tank. Either a question did not appear in the box when I hit the repeat icon or the previous question was displayed for a different map. Hope this problem is addressed soon.
Great game for all ages!
I am in my mid twenties and I find this game to be educational in a cool way that is not too juvenile but it is also easy enough for younger kids. Being from the U.S. I find it embarrasing that I cannot answer most of these BASIC geography questions such as capitals, mountain ranges, etc. It is a GREAT game for anyone who likes to learn and play little games at the same time.
Grandkids love Geography Drive USA
Our Grandkids love Geography Drive USA and we enjoy watching them learn facts about the States as they play.