Do you like to track your location? But you hate to share everything online in some social network? Then GeoLicious is made for you!
*** NOTICE: I've stopped active development of GeoLicious for now. The complete source code has been released under MIT license at https://github.com/da3x/GeoLicious – feel free to further improve the app.
GeoLicious has been developed to allow offline and private location tracking. It offers all you need to check in to locations, track your everyday movement and keep a log of all the places you have been in your live. All your checkins are presented in a beautiful interface offering a freely browsable world map, a searchable list of all your checkins and locations and some simple but effective settings for your convenience. Your privacy is considered valuable – GeoLicious will never send any data without your permission and does not collect any hidden data.
- Detailed map with all locations you've been so far.
- Optional connection to Foursquare for public checkins at selected locations.
- Checkin at your current location with two easy taps or with all the details.
- Search for locations to add data from the past.
- Visible checkin counts directly on the map - grouped if desired.
- Searchable list of all checkins grouped by day, month or year.
- Track date and time of your checkins and add comments if you wish.
- Select from different icons to visualize your locations.
- Searchable list of all locations grouped by region or country.
- Automated check-in and -out within a given radius of selected locations.
- Very small impact on battery life do to usage of geo fencing.
- Local notifications for all automated tracking events.
- Group near locations on the map for a clearer view of your data.
- Enable satellite mode on the map for exact placement of your locations.
- Sync multiple Devices using iCloud Drive.
- Backup your data using iTunes file sharing and restore at need.
- Export your data in binary, GPX or CSV format via email.
- Print a selected timerange using an AirPrint enabled printer.
- Introduction and FAQ section within the app.
- Reset your data if you want to start from scratch - automated backup provided.
- Load some prepared demo data if needed - again backing up automatically.
- Localization providing english and german.
GeoLicious will be improved and extended constantly. Here is a list of some things planed for the future.
- Add waypoints to connect checkins and show tracks on your map.
- Link contacts to locations and checkins.
- Use custom tags to organize your data.
- Showcase your travels with a time travel mode on the map.
- and more…
Please contact me using the provided feature in the settings section of GeoLicious if you encounter bugs or have some nice ideas for the future. I'll try my best to keep up with it.
WARNING: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
iPhone X support... and the usual fixes and improvements to keep everything running.
Ratings and Reviews
A Must have app- truly love it
Some years ago I was looking for an app to keep a list of places that I have visited. I have been using and loving it ever since. One time I had a question, I contacted the developer and he replied in hours. I write this review today while on vacation, AFTER checking in a new locale!
I enjoy it so much that I had to invest the time and write this.
5 Star all the way
Developer Response ,
Thanks! Glad you still use my app.
Perfect app for check in
I've looked for a good app that can easily locate where I am and find the nearby places for me to check in.
Most of the important, the app has to include the function of dropping a pin on the map.
Let's list the advantages of this app:
1. Easily find places nearby that the app uses foursquare, which includes tons of stores information.
2. You can either choose to check in locally in your phone so that still keep your privacy or share it to foursquare or Facebook.
3. List your check ins by time or places that you don't have to worry about forgetting the visit time or location.
4. Show all your check ins in pin drops form so that you can have a sense about how many countries or cities you've visited in a glance.
5. You can use search function by address or simply drop a pin at a location and let foursquare to find the exactly places for you. In this case, you don't have to exactly know the address or location but still can find the right store.
6. You can check in for your past visit. You won't be restricted to the real time check in since sometimes we would like to make a checkin for past visit when we suddenly thought of it.
7. You can check in for the same place for as many times as you want, and Geolicious will record how many time you have visit the place.
8. The developer is so much willing to help the users fixing their problems, and have passion in making Geolicious better and better.
It definitely worth paying for it.
- Daniel Bleisteiner
- 25.8 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Daniel Bleisteiner
- In-App Purchases
- Full Version $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.