GeoTagr ~ Versatile photo geotagging
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Digital photo collections can grow rapidly. Remembering where you took all those photos can become a chore. Most cameras don't tag your photos automatically, so you'll need something to help you out.
That's where GeoTagr comes to the rescue. GeoTagr tags your photos with the location where you made them (a.k.a. geotagging).
GeoTagr supports 6000+ types of digital cameras and geotags iPhone, iPad, Mac, Dropbox, Flickr, Google+ and SmugMug photos.
- Record your location with an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch while you make photos with a digital camera
- Geotag those photos no matter where you manage them (iPhone, iPad, Mac, Dropbox, Flickr, Google+, SmugMug)
- Support for JPEG and RAW photos
- Export GPX files (iTunes Sharing, Dropbox, Mail, browser)
- Import GPX files (iTunes Sharing, Dropbox, Mail, …) e.g. generated by a dedicated GPS data logger
- Geotags photos on your iPad, including photos imported with the Camera Connection Kit
- Record your location with an iPhone or iPod touch and seamlessly use those locations to geotag photos on your iPad (via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi)
- 3 recording modes on iPhone and iPod touch for optimal balance between accuracy and battery life
- Pause and resume when recording locations
- While recording, shows an estimate for the remaining battery time
- Background recording
- Track management
- Geotags photos on your Mac over Wi-Fi via standard OS X File Sharing
- All maps have 3 modes: Standard, Satellite, Hybrid
- Comprehensive built-in Help section
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.5.1
- Added the option to embed location info in geotagged photos for iPad/iPhone photos.
If you like GeoTagr, please take the time to give us a nice review. It really helps.
Works Amazingly Well
I geotag all my photos taken with a regular camera, and this app makes it easy. I simply record my "track" in the background while taking photos, export the track log as a GPX file to my computer when I get home, then use Adobe Lightroom (which is where I edit my photos) to add the geotagging info to my photos. This is awesome when I want to revisit a place where I took pictures, beause I can see exactly where the photo was taken.
Incredible addition to DSLR photo workflow
I’ve been logging to have geo tagged data appended to my DSLR photos. With Apple’s Photos product nearing release, being able to look at my photos by location shouldn’t be limited to images shot only on my iPhone. The hardware that does this for SLR’s costs hundreds of dollars, but this app gets it done for a fraction of the price and uses the GPS I carry with me always, my iPhone.
The interface is simple, looks great on iOS 7 and above and works incredibly, simply, well. The developer also responds to customer e-mails swiftly. I’ve tried out alternatives for geo-tagging my DSLR photos and GeoTagr works best, by far, for my workflow.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jan 23, 2015
- Version: 4.5.1
- Size: 11.0 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German
- Seller: Chris Cornelis
- © 2008-2015 Galarina
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.