By Bytes Arithmetic LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
With Geometry Pad you can create fundamental geometric shapes, explore and change their properties, and calculate metrics. The shapes are displayed on a scrollable and zoomable workbook with a rectangular coordinate system.
The following tools are built into the application:
- Point, angle, line, ray, segment, perpendicular bisector, tangent, triangle, quadrilateral, polygon, regular polygon, arc, sector, circle, ellipse, parabola, hyperbola.
- Tools to create medians, altitudes and bisectors in a triangle.
- Tools to create special triangles and quadrilaterals: right, isosceles, equilateral, square, rectangle, parallelogram and rhombus.
- Two additional ways to create an ellipse: by center, end of a major axis, and a point on the ellipse; by focus points, and a point on the ellipse.
- Compass tool to plot arcs with an easily adjustable center and radius.
- Pencil tool to draw freehand annotations.
- Text annotations and labels with mixed-in metrics such as length, angle, perimeter, equation, etc.
- Transformation tools: rotation, reflection, enlargement, translation.
- Create lines and triangles with predefined parameters such as equation of a line, and angles or sides of a triangle.
- Insert images into the document.
Each shape has a set of customizable properties such as color, width, background, etc. Shape metrics are automatically calculated and presented along with shape properties. Some of them are editable such as point location, line length, circe radius, etc.
Snapping is deeply integrated into the application. Snap-to-grid and snap-to-objects allow for precise constructions. Additionally, lines can snap to parallel, perpendicular and tangent lines. Snapping can be easily turned on/off in the quick snapping settings window.
Documents can be saved to your device, iCloud or to Dropbox. Export formats include PDF and image.
Your suggestions are welcomed and appreciated. Just select Feedback under the app menu and write us an e-mail.
What's New in Version 2.7.9
This is a great app, but the developers have not updated it for over a yr now. Please try and get it to work with the Apple Pencil. Things like palm recognition among others.
Otherwise really helps me do a lot of my analysis on dental X-rays. However, I would really have loved it if it worked with the pencil.
Very useful and simple drawing app with a variety of functions, for creating shapes and measuring angles and distances. I use it all the time to design stencils for paper polyhedra.
The features it offers for free are decent, but you have to pay almost $7 to get any useful ones. I downloaded geogebra instead and it's much better.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jan 14, 2016
- Version: 2.7.9
- Size: 40.0 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Bytes Arithmetic LLC
- © 2015 Bytes Arithmetic LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Premium Features Pack$6.99