By Bytes Arithmetic LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With Geometry Pad you can create fundamental geometric shapes, explore and change their properties, and calculate metrics. The shapes are displayed on a scrollable and zoomable workbook with a rectangular coordinate system.
The following tools are built into the application:
- Point, angle, line, ray, segment, perpendicular bisector, tangent, triangle, quadrilateral, polygon, regular polygon, arc, sector, circle, ellipse, parabola, hyperbola.
- Tools to create medians, altitudes and bisectors in a triangle.
- Tools to create special triangles and quadrilaterals: right, isosceles, equilateral, square, rectangle, parallelogram and rhombus.
- Two additional ways to create an ellipse: by center, end of a major axis, and a point on the ellipse; by focus points, and a point on the ellipse.
- Compass tool to plot arcs with an easily adjustable center and radius.
- Pencil tool to draw freehand annotations.
- Text annotations and labels with mixed-in metrics such as length, angle, perimeter, equation, etc.
- Transformation tools: rotation, reflection, enlargement, translation.
- Create lines and triangles with predefined parameters such as equation of a line, and angles or sides of a triangle.
- Insert images into the document.
Each shape has a set of customizable properties such as color, width, background, etc. Shape metrics are automatically calculated and presented along with shape properties. Some of them are editable such as point location, line length, circe radius, etc.
Snapping is deeply integrated into the application. Snap-to-grid and snap-to-objects allow for precise constructions. Additionally, lines can snap to parallel, perpendicular and tangent lines. Snapping can be easily turned on/off in the quick snapping settings window.
Documents can be saved to your device, iCloud or to Dropbox. Export formats include PDF and image.
Your suggestions are welcomed and appreciated. Just select Feedback under the app menu and write us an e-mail.
What's New in Version 2.7.3
Stability improvements and better compatibility with iOS 8
Much better than other CADD apps for working out cabinetry details and such. However it seems to still be spotty in actual use. Sometimes the metrics will give the area of a freely shaped polygon and sometimes it won't. I can't get an area when the shape has been drawn over a map. I have to go to another app which has no problems with google maps. Over all this app works like a logical person would expect.
Everything is for purchase only
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jan 30, 2015
- Version: 2.7.3
- Size: 11.8 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Bytes Arithmetic LLC
- © 2015 Bytes Arithmetic LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Premium Features Pack$6.99