With Geometry Pad you can create fundamental geometric shapes, explore and change their properties, and calculate metrics. The shapes are displayed on a scrollable and zoomable workbook with a rectangular coordinate system.
The following tools are built into the application:
- Point, angle, line, ray, segment, perpendicular bisector, tangent, triangle, quadrilateral, polygon, regular polygon, arc, sector, circle, ellipse, parabola, hyperbola.
- Tools to create medians, altitudes and bisectors in a triangle.
- Tools to create special triangles and quadrilaterals: right, isosceles, equilateral, square, rectangle, parallelogram and rhombus.
- Two additional ways to create an ellipse: by center, end of a major axis, and a point on the ellipse; by focus points, and a point on the ellipse.
- Compass tool to plot arcs with an easily adjustable center and radius.
- Pencil tool to draw freehand annotations.
- Text annotations and labels with mixed-in metrics such as length, angle, perimeter, equation, etc.
- Transformation tools: rotation, reflection, enlargement, translation.
- Create lines and triangles with predefined parameters such as equation of a line, and angles or sides of a triangle.
- Insert images into the document.
Each shape has a set of customizable properties such as color, width, background, etc. Shape metrics are automatically calculated and presented along with shape properties. Some of them are editable such as point location, line length, circe radius, etc.
Snapping is deeply integrated into the application. Snap-to-grid and snap-to-objects allow for precise constructions. Additionally, lines can snap to parallel, perpendicular and tangent lines. Snapping can be easily turned on/off in the quick snapping settings window.
Documents can be saved to your device, iCloud or to Dropbox. Export formats include PDF and image.
Your suggestions are welcomed and appreciated. Just select Feedback under the app menu and write us an e-mail.
Support of iPad Pro
Ratings and Reviews
Proving that math doesn’t have to be mysterious, Bytes Arithmetic’s excellent app helps you better understand geometric principles. As you create shapes and adjust their properties, the app automatically calculates angle, slope, and other parameters so you can visualize the changes. Geometry Pad+ also lets you share your work—a handy feature instructors can use to send the class shapes and have students duplicate them as part of an interactive assignment.
Terrible... does not work and no customer service
Paid for this app and regret it. It was good before the developer gave up on it.
Great, useful graphing app!
Wonderful app for both students and teachers. I connect my iPad to a projector to illustrate linear equations and geometry concepts to students in my math classes. This app is also helpful for solving problems without needing to constantly look for graph paper. Many great tools in addition to the graphing make this a good investment. Recommended.
- Bytes Arithmetic LLC
- 34.2 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Bytes Arithmetic LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.