Geometry Wars™: Touch
By Activision Publishing, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Geometry Wars™: Touch utilizes higher graphics and faster processing to enhance the game experience and immerse players deeper into non-stop shooter pandemonium. This is sure to be the must have game for the iPad.
In addition to the six original Geometry Wars gameplay modes: Deadline, King, Evolved, Pacifism, Waves and Sequence, Geometry Wars: Touch for iPad will feature a brand new, adrenaline-filled mode – Titans! – exclusively on the iPad.
The new mobile iPad platform provides Geometry Wars™ fans a versatile new way to annihilate enemy hordes and clear endless waves of attacks while they’re at home or on the go.
• Geometry Wars is one of the most successful live arcade games of all time.
• Geometry Wars Retro Evolved was the winner of “Best arcade game” and was “Overall game of the year”.
• GWRE is widely regarded as the game that kick started digital distribution on home consoles.
• The sequel, Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2, broke sales records.
• GWRE2 received a 90% combined critic rating and is the highest rated live arcade game of all time.
• The game features short play sessions, between 5 and 10 minutes in length – perfect for on-the-go gaming.
• Geometry Wars is still one of the most acclaimed franchises, with a strong and passionate fan base.
***** CHECK OUT MORE GAMES FROM ACTIVISION! *****
Call of Duty: Zombies, Guitar Hero, Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 3D, Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 2, Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 2, Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts, Rapala Pro Bass Fishing, Geometry Wars: Touch, and Pix Maze
What's New in Version 1.2.0
• Official OS4 support – the game has been re-built on OS4
• Orientation fix – game now runs in all orientations.
• Improved messaging for leaderboards upon intial launch of the game.
Replaced geoFighter - Light Wars
I was on the fence about this app for a long time since I already have geoFighter but now that I bought it I can safely say I'll never go back. The graphics, faster paced gameplay, and multiple game modes definitely make this game an awesome package. An update with some slight control tweaks and an orientation option and this game will be a perfect gw port! If you're on the fence, get it! You won't regret it.
Update: Now supports multitasking and orientation switch!! Excellent game just got better! Also, it seems to me that people who have a problem with the game are complaining about the controls and the slowdown. If you have a 3GS or higher, or the latest iPod touch, you'll have little to no slowdown. Anything earlier and you will, that's just a fact. The devices are outdated. As for the controls, there are several control options and they're all adjustable. You can increase and decrease the size of the movement stick. Honestly if you can't find a control scheme that works for you in this game you're either an idiot or seriously not good at dual stick shooters. I recommend this layout: dual stick mode, movement stick set at 30, double tap right stick to fire bombs.
If you're on the fence, don't worry, if you adjust the controls a bit (set the stick to 30 or higher) this game will blow you away. If you don't have a 3GS, the latest iPod touch, or the iPhone 4, then go with pewpew 2. This game was not designed to be played on older models.
Geometry Wars on iOS !!!!
My favorite dual-stick game that has now been touch-ified. My favorite version of this game is Geometry Wars Galaxies on the NDS. I have also played all versions on Xbox 360 and also Galaxies on the Wii. I think the only platform I have not played it on is PC. The current price of less then a dollar really makes this one of the games I have received the most value for on iOS.
- Awesome Geometry Wars graphics similar to that in Retro Evolved 2 on XBox 360
- Same great sound effects.
- Same App (buy once) for iPhone and iPad. Thanks guys for not making us buy two versions
- New mode "Titan". Similar to one of the games of Geometry Wars Galazies (on NDS/Wii).
- Basically, mostly just a port from other platforms.
- Touch Controls work, but can't say they are my favorite way of playing this game.
I have not had any crash problems on this game using an iPhone 4S or an iPad 1. I do find it annoying that even though I have cell coverage, it shows me an alert box telling me it is unable to get high scores and it does this every time the main menu comes up. Why can't it use cell data access to get the scores, or just quietly not display anything? Fix this please. Very annoying.
Otherwise great version of my favorite game. RIP - Bizarre Creations!
This game is awesome but the controls for shooting are not precise at all... Check out abstract war for an idea to how the controls should feel. This game also has the SAME weapon the whole time for all the modes. Just that old pathetic 2 streamer.. I can look past the idea of not having some of the other weapons like the one that distorts the background all crazy (I love that one) But you could at least give us the 3 steamer! Thats whats missing from this game. Especially with these clunky shooting controls... It's still a pretty fun game, but whenever you play your still reminded of those 2 faults in this game. Oh ya and the whole bomb thing should be fixed with a SHAKE DEVICE TO DEPLOY option! C'mon Activision were on idevices here give us a shake to deploy bomb option. If even 1 of these 3 faults were to be fixed and updated it would be 5 star from all the geometry wars fans who were bummed with this version, and would be well worth the $5 price tag. But until then it's just not the same game as we all loved playing on consoles.. Edit: now I realize that all your high scores get reset EVERYTIME you play the game?! Even after signing up for stupid legacy account. What's the point of playing if your not trying to beat your high score? This should really be updated... New score, 2 stars! NOT RECOMMENDED!!!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jul 29, 2010
- Version: 1.2.0
- Size: 43.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Activision Publishing, Inc.
- © Activision Publishing, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.