Convert GPS coordinates to map coordinates in a twinkling
Never get lost again! With GeoPosition you know always exactly where you are. Within a second you convert GPS coordinates received by your iPhone to popular map projection coordinate systems like UTM/UPS, Mercator, Gauss/Krüger, MGRS, GGRS87, LUREF, Swiss Grid CH1903+/LV95, CH1903/LV03-M and vice versa. GeoPostion supports in addition to the reference datum WGS84 more than 280 map datums. So you determine exactly your current position on a map.
GeoPosition is most helpful for private usage (hiking, biking, traveling) as well as for professional application types (fire brigade, rescue service). With this professional tool you get 100% exact results without much effort and you easily find your way. With the additional features like sending the coordinates via E-Mail or SMS you may arrange meetings with your friends or call for help in emergencies.
The App provides the following features:
• Conversion from geographic coordinates to map projection coordinates and vice versa
• Display and conversion of the current location received by the location service of the device
• Display the coordinate on Google Maps view
• Entering the coordinate by moving the pin on the Google Maps view
• Sending the coordinate via E-Mail or SMS.
• When the coordinate is received via E-Mail, GeoPosition or Google Maps may be started tapping on the embedded link in the E-Mail
• New projection systems "Greek Geodetic Reference System 1987" (GGRS87) and "Luxembourg Reference Frame" (LUREF)
• New datums LURES (Luxembourg Reference System) and ETRS89
• Altitude, horizontal and vertical accuracy are displayed when the coordinate is received from the location service
• Distance calculation between the entered coordinate and the current position; the distance is also shown as line on the map view
• Coordinates can be saved with a note and exported to a CSV file
• Datum search
• Link in SMS can be used to start GeoPosition or Google Maps with the coordinate
• IOS7 user interface
Ratings and Reviews
Made a mistake buying this!
Only really useful if you live in Switzerland.
Even after visiting the web site it was not clear that this app was suited only for Switzerland.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.