By Georeader LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Please Note. We are having a problem with the app working after the latest IOS update (10), The app works fine on earlier versions but we are looking into a connectivity problem the latest update is causing. Please check back for updates. Sorry about this.
Georeader Brings the Outside Story Inside to you!
Automatically reads out loud to you historical markers and other points of interest as you walk or drive by them!
Easy and intuitive to use. Hands free use! Safer for driving.
Access to over 120,000 points of interest throughout US, Canada, Mexico and United Kingdom and the European Mainland.
Includes many US states entire marker collections such as Texas, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Georgia, Oregon and many more!
Winner "People's Choice" 2011 GNSS USA Challenge
You can drive from one end of the USA to the other and hear about history all along the way with this app!
Official app of US Route 20 Association.
Please tell your Friends and all Social Studies Teachers about the app.
Iphone version works great for Walking tours of anywhere.
It's a really great app to learn as you travel.
* Map to identify historical points near your location.
* Nearby points provided in list form with distances from your location.
* Can be hands free for safe driving.
* Can customize alert types.
* Runs seamlessly in the background with other apps so you can still play music for instance.
* Connected to one of the largest historical databases available, including Historical Markers, National Register of Historic Places, Historic Bridges and more.
* Daily growing database from contributions from organizations like the City of Syracuse, El Paso Texas, and the Arizona Preservation Society and users.
* As a user, you can also add custom points or make walking tours yourself through the website,www.mygeoreader.com, and then use the app to hear what you wrote, and share your knowledge with others.
* In-app tutorial is available.
Great for road trips and travel of any kind. There is history everywhere, discover it wherever you are with GeoReader!
Quick Tip: Once loaded, activate the phone's gps by going to phone' s "Settings", "Privacy" "Location Services" -on, and then turn "Georeader"-on
This is an awesome app. It works in the background and alerts you to historical markers, bridges and landmarks. The best part is that organizations can make their own tours. Steamtown has a tour from Scranton to Gouldsboro. It's a great example of using the app to enhance local history. Take the train ride and you will have a personal tour guide in the palm of your hands. Great idea. Great execution. Buy it. You won't be disappointed.
Great Idea - Poor execution
DO NOT BUY THIS APP!!! This is a fantastic idea but this app falls far short of making it a reality. This app is riddled with mis-spellings hence mis-pronuncations. Does nobody use spell check? Many places listed simply say 'National register of historical places" and that is all! It includes worthless points such as "Drive Safely - Someone at home loves you" and UFO sightings. Works with ipod touch as long as you have a wi-fi connection otherwise, not at all. There is no control for the voice reader so you can not slow it down and if a little thought was put into the formatting the sentences would have a nice flow but all to often, they are choppy and hard to understand. I can not use this app for its intended purpose since I only have a ipod. I was going to originally buy Historical Markers and use the built-in text reader but that only runs on iOs 6 which I can not upgrade to. I paid more for this app and was extremely disappointed. This idea has so much potiential! Just dont waste your money here.
Well worth it!
I really enjoy this app when traveling. Includes a lot of good information and is easy to use.
I like to leave it on in the background and then get a text when I walk by something historical. Put it on the charger in the car and it talks to you. Keep up the good work Georeader people.