George R. R. Martin’s A World of Ice and Fire – A Game of Thrones Guide
By Random House LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the ONLY OFFICIAL A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE / A GAME OF THRONES APP from George R.R. Martin: Hundreds of detailed character bios, interactive maps, and anti-spoiler protection!
A WORLD OF ICE AND FIRE is the first official app guide to George R. R. Martin’s bestselling series. Whether you’re reading the books or watching the television series, you’ll want this definitive companion with profiles of 600+ characters, 550+ places, major houses, religions, groups, creatures, and things, as well as interactive versions of the official world maps.
The app comes with plenty of features you won’t find anywhere else:
- Anti-spoiler functionality that you can customize based on where you are in the book cycle to prevent you from seeing spoilers
- Track your favorite characters on the Journeys map as they travel through Westeros and the Known World
- Completely new text written specially for this app by Elio M. García, Jr. and Linda Antonsson of Westeros.org – the premier fan site for the A Song of Ice and Fire cycle
A WORLD OF ICE AND FIRE includes over a thousand pages of information, making it the definitive guide to the series:
- 600+ character profiles with detailed historical bios, family and house information, book appearances, and corresponding actor roles
- 550+ place profiles with descriptions for castles, towns, regions, geographical features and more
- Profiles for Houses, Religions, Groups, Creatures, and Things.
- Fully interactive versions of all the official maps from the A Song of Ice and Fire Cycle, including the Known World Map and the new Journeys Map
- Gorgeous artwork depicting key characters and important places from within the world
Test drive the app for free and get 8 POV characters from A Game of Thrones and an interactive map of Westeros as well as all the content from A KNIGHT OF THE SEVEN KINGDOMS. Buy one InfoPack for each book – or buy all 5 at once and save a dollar. Get all-new information for free every time an InfoPack is updated.
What's New in Version 2.2.1
Thank you for your feedback!
This update contains a bug fix: iPhone users rejoice- full screen images have been restored!
I just downloaded this app late Tuesday night and only started looking through it tonight (Wednesday) and paid the $4.99 to purchase everything since I've read all 5 books twice (well I've read A Dance with Dragons 3 times now....filling the void) you're not spoiling anything lol but the spoiler filter is an awesome feature!! I have to say that for less than $5 this app is definitely worth it!! There isn't much "free" content but seriously for only $5 you can have access to it all and there is a lot to see/read! I'm already impressed and I've only read one character description, the excerpts, and skimmed over what else they offer! I have a feeling I may be obsessed with this app while I impatiently wait for Winds of Winter!
With the massive storyline that George R. R. Martin has woven, it's not utterly surprising that an app has been created to assist fans to reference source material that may have been forgotten over the course of the years. It's a brilliant app; to avoid spoilers, it has a slide-bar that lets you decide what material is shown, based on what books you have finished reading. Text is clean and updated based on new publicized works. Maps are included, but material and maps must be bought. Honestly at the low price, it is totally worth the investment. It's also nice for those who watch the television show, as it enables you to see the true happenings and also gives you the maps to refer to while watching the show. Five stars.
If you're a fan of ASOIAF you need this app. It's good reference to come back to while you're reading the books. We all know how complex and intertwined the narratives are, maybe you're reading the 3d book and a character pops up, you feel you've read their name before but you don't know when or where, then you go to the app and search the name and read about it (there's a spoiler control thingy so you don't have to worry about spoilers) and also the maps are so AWESOME they have tracking paths for different characters so while you're reading you can check where everybody is and have prospective. In conclusion the app is convenient, easy to workout and inclusive so BUY IT!!!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jun 09, 2016
- Version: 2.2.1
- Size: 566 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Random House LLC
- Copyright © 2014 George R. R. Martin
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- A World of Ice and Fire - Five Novel InfoPack$4.99
- A World of Ice and Fire - A Game of Thrones InfoPack$1.99
- A World of Ice and Fire - A Clash of Kings InfoPack$0.99
- A World of Ice and Fire - A Storm of Swords InfoPack$0.99
- A World of Ice and Fire - A Feast for Crows InfoPack$0.99
- A World of Ice and Fire - A Dance With Dragons InfoPack$0.99