GeoShred Control is a stand alone MIDI/MPE controller based on GeoShred. IT IS A MIDI CONTROLLER AND DOES NOT HAVE A BUILT IN SOUND ENGINE. You can use GeoShred Control to perform MIDI/MPE synthesizers. Seamlessly move between fretless and diatonic modalities in a magical musical way using our isomorphic and diatonic playing surface and groundbreaking intelligent pitch rounding.
GeoShred Control is highly expressive when controlling instruments that use the “MPE” MIDI specification (MIDI Polyphonic Expression). It’s a formidable iPad/iPhone based MIDI/MPE controller, and GeoShred Control can operate as a AUv3 plugin that can send MIDI.
GeoShred Control has an arpeggiator, support for temperaments/world scales, backing tracks and 3D touch (on devices that support 3D touch) and you can upgrade to Geoshred Pro with it's powerful physical model of stringed instruments.
A winner of a 2019 Guthman New Musical Instrument Award, and a winner of the 2017 Electronic Musician Editor's Choice Award as "one of the most innovative, groundbreaking products to emerge in the past twelve months".
GeoShred Control Version 2.6 Features Include:
• A fluidly expressive playing surface
• Intelligent pitch rounding
• A diatonic keyboard where every key on the screen is in the scale.
• MIDI and MPE
• MIDI control using Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, virtual MIDI and all digital interfaces
• MIDI configuration presets
• 3D touch on iPhones that support 3D touch
• Customizable control surface can be mapped to MIDI Controls
• Backing tracks from the iTunes library
• Built in Arpeggiator
• Alternative tunings
• Support for world scales and temperaments including Indian Ragas, Arabic and Balinese scales.
• Easily share presets with friends
Praise for the GeoShred Family of Apps
“GeoShred is brilliant- it’s a real instrument.” – Eddie Jobson
“A fantastic new invention which is going to revolutionize the way music is played, expressed and learned! “GeoShred” is one of the foremost best musical inventions I’ve had the pleasure to experience in recent years. Definitely 5 stars out of 5! GIGANTASTIVISSIMO…..R…A…Z !!!!!” – Patrick Moraz
“That’s just nuts. You’re [Jordan] the best-guitarist-without-a-guitar of all time” – Joe Satriani
“GeoShred is a breakthrough [musical instrument] for the iPad. Some might think it’s the best evidence yet that there has indeed been reverse engineering of alien technology, but if that’s the case, then aliens play guitar…and worship Jimi Hendrix.” – Craig Anderton Harmony Central
“Geoshred is a completely innovative music instrument that has become an essential tool for me in both worlds; on stage and in the studio. The quality, flexibility, expressibility and reliability of Geoshred have made it my go-to (and admittedly most used) iOS music app!” – Diego Tejeida, Haken
Though it’s not possible for us to respond to support issues posted in iTunes reviews, we are committed to a great support experience for our users. Please consider contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may directly assist you.
While control is among the most powerful MIDI controllers on the market today, it does NOT come with onboard sounds.
GeoShred Control can be upgraded to include all the GeoShred Pro features via an in-app purchase.
We are dedicated to offering the highest level musical instrument experience for our customers worldwide. It would mean a lot to us if you could leave your positive review on the App Store and If you have any questions about GeoShred we would love to hear from you at our support email address: email@example.com
We welcome your thoughts and feedback and if you find a bug we will squash it!
Minimium Requirements: iPad2, iPhone 4s, iOS 9.3 or better. For AUv3 support iOS 11.4 or greater is required.
- Added support to use GeoShred control as a MIDI processor.
- Fixes to MIDI Out Poly mode including: fix for incorrect re-articulation on the top string and inverted sense of noteOn/noteOff.
- Fix for string tuning where the left most wheel would get stuck on B4. Reverse tunings are now fully possible and added new tunings: Reverse Guitar, and Reverse All Fourths. Adjust the octave accordingly
- Option added to not show note names
- Fixed crash that was showing up on some devices in standalone background MIDI
- Presets can now have MIDI configurations associated with. See Performance Settings
- Control surface initial values for the midiOut, midiOutKeyZ controllers were always sent when MIDI out was enabled. Now you have to turn on the MIDI configuration MIDI Out option 'Send MIDI ctl surface' if you want this behavior.
- Added MIDI configuration for SpaceCraft
- Improvements to control surface initial value handling for MIDI Out.
- Some inspector positioning improved
Ratings and Reviews
Powerful app, well priced as tryout for Pro, great support
I bought GeoShred Control primarily to check out full GeoShred and what I wanted to be my primary use case (to start): recording MIDI tracks into Garage Band on the same iPad (using a third party app called Midiflow to create virtual ports). Control definitely shows you the performance and operation of the app, you just have to use a synthesizer with it to get sounds out.
As it turns out, control of GB iOS looks a bit buggy - but not the fault of GeoShred. I have contacted support about 3 times pre and post purchase and it is extremely responsive. One of the developers actually recorded a video showing him testing out my bug case and showing it's a bug in how GarageBand is handling MPE. I went ahead and upgraded to GeoShred Pro so I could get the built in sounds and guitar modeling to play around with and build my interest in learning the isometric layout (I know a bit of keyboard but little of guitar).
I think GeoShred Play might be a better intro to the app than Control unless you have a very specific use case in mind (as I did), but you can get to Pro from either. Appreciate their offering both, I wasn't gonna spring for a $25 app without getting a hands-on sense of whether I'd like using it.
My other controllers will gather dust
I just stayed up until almost 3AM playing around with this app. I have a few AU plugins (FxPansion’s Strobe and Cypher2, and Madrona Lab’s Aalto and Kaivo) that I was able to control in Logic Pro X. It wasn’t the most intuitive thing to get working (the videos focus more on the Pro version), and I’m still trying to figure out how to make custom assignments to certain AU parameters but, this little app is still super impressive! By the way, I found the best way to get this to interface with Logic Pro X is to connect via Bluetooth. I have both a 2018 iPad (7.5 inch) and MacBook Pro, and they connect flawlessly. It would be great to get more detailed instructions for Control, as they are just kind of the same ones from Pro but, it’s fine. I’ve been able to save myself at least $300 not having to buy a Seaboard
Even though I own Geoshred, I had to buy this just... because. I'll buy anything from developers I want to support and Jordan et al have come up with one brilliant app after another. Geoshred is amazing, and after the loss of a finger that curtailed my guitar career, a very welcome addition to my sonic quiver.
- Wizdom Music LLC
- 162.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014-2018 moForte Inc and Wizdom Music LLC
- In-App Purchases
- GeoShred Upgrade $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.