Geotag Photos Pro
By TappyTaps s.r.o.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Professional geotagging solution - all you need to geotag photos taken by your EXTERNAL camera (DSLR or compact one). Supports JPG & many RAW file formats. Ideal for use with Lightroom, Aperture, Picasa and other photo apps that supports geotagged photos.
- Geotagging App of the Year by Macworld
- Repeatedly recommended by leading Adobe Lightroom professionals
- Recommended in many great books such as Lightroom 4 UnMasked, Lightroom 4 the missing FAQ, Lightroom 4 Roadmap for photographers,
- Praised by leading photography magazines and websites all over the world (Techradar, Ephotozine, Fotomaf, Xatakafoto, Lightroom Secrets, Digital-Fotografie, Pixelmania.nl, Photoplus...)
- Try before buy - look for Geotag Photos Lite
- See application video at http://bit.ly/9cwRdA
● complete solution - iPhone application for automatic storing of location data & desktop application for geotagging of pictures. No need to purchase another desktop app!
● runs great on background
● battery usage optimised for whole day of geotagging.
● (NEW!) Dropbox support - automatic GPX export of all your trips, makes it super easy to use Geotag Photos with Lightroom
● export to GPX - 4 ways how to do this: through Dropbox, iTunes, by email or from web. No need to have internet or wifi connection for GPX export!
● Geotagging desktop application - Geotag your JPG or RAW files - quick and easily! Required network connection to get data from iPhone to geotagging app (but no need to have network connection, when you are on the trip). NEW! - complete offline version is also available.
● works perfectly on any operating system - Mac OS X, Windows and even Linux
● supported image formats: jpg, nef, cr2, crw, dcr, ciff, erf, orf, k25, kdc, mef, mrw, nrw, pef, raf, tif, tiff, raw, arw, rw2, srf, sr2, srw, x3f, dng
This iPhone app works like GPS Data Logger - it logs your positions during your trip. There are various logging modes, that will fit your needs - continuous mode logs your every change and is best if you need most accurate data, from the other hand time based logging (logs position every few minutes) saves your iPhone battery. Our iPhone app can run perfectly in sleep mode.
When you return from your trip, you can synchronize logged data with our desktop application and geotag photos taken by your camera. We support both amateur cameras (compact) and professional ones (DSLR). We also supports geotagging of various RAW formats (.NEF, CRW, CR2 and others). You can also export your logged data to well known and widely used GPX format - in this new version is NOT NECESSARY to upload data to remote server, you have your GPX files always prepared and can get them using iTunes file sharing function or you can send them from iPhone by email.
few ideas how to use Geotagged photos:
- use Places function of modern viewing applications (iPhoto, Aperture, Picasa) to see your photos on map
- find your photos by place (for example find quickly all photos from New Your in your Photo library)
- upload Geotagged photos to social sites (flickr, ...)
Visit our website for more information! Visit our blog at http://www.geotagphotos.net/blog for news.
- OS with Java 1.6 installed (free to download). Doesn't work with non-intel Mac OS X 10.5.
q: how much it will drain my battery?
a: depending on logging mode, that you choose. If you choose reasonable logging mode (like to get position every 10 minutes or so), iPhone battery will be enough for more than day.
q: will it work abroad, if I don't have roaming?
a: yes, but it can take longer time before it gets the first position (especially after first usage after your travel by plane). Please don't use Flight mode! It will switch GPS off and logging will not work.
Chat with us on our website, if you have other questions!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 3.5
- Pebble smart watch support - use Pebble as unique Geotag Photos Pro remote!
- Core of GPS logger improved to use less energy and to restart when terminated by iOS
- various bug fixes
Best new features in 3.0:
=>; Dropbox support - automatic export of your trips to your Dropbox folder
=> GUI redesigned and improved
- GPX export & Dropbox export improvements - ability to work with very long trips (tens thousands of points)
- Upload to Geotagphotos.net improved - now faster
- better compatibility on iOS7
- iOS7 bugfix
- improved logging engine for better battery performance
- bugfix for future iOS version
- new version of Dropbox library (fixed some crashes)
- improved GPX export
- more accurate logging in continuos mode
Just bought this great app and it works beautifully. If your DSLR camera is lacking GPS, this app does it for you! Great!
Desktop App FAIL
I bought this app to geotag photos from my 5D MKII. It requires you to use their desktop app to geotag the images from the camera. The app requires you to log in, but the login doesn't work. So this was a total waste.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Feb 05, 2014
- Version: 3.5
- Size: 4.8 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, French, German, Slovak, Spanish
- Seller: TappyTaps s.r.o.
- © TappyTaps s.r.o.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.