Geotag Photos Pro
By TappyTaps s.r.o.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Professional geotagging solution - all you need to geotag photos taken by your EXTERNAL camera (DSLR or compact one). Supports JPG & many RAW file formats. Ideal for use with Lightroom, Aperture, Picasa and other photo apps that supports geotagged photos.
- Geotagging App of the Year by Macworld
- Repeatedly recommended by leading Adobe Lightroom professionals
- Recommended in many great books such as Lightroom 4 UnMasked, Lightroom 4 the missing FAQ, Lightroom 4 Roadmap for photographers,
- Praised by leading photography magazines and websites all over the world (Techradar, Ephotozine, Fotomaf, Xatakafoto, Lightroom Secrets, Digital-Fotografie, Pixelmania.nl, Photoplus...)
- Try before buy - look for Geotag Photos Lite
- See application video at http://bit.ly/9cwRdA
● complete solution - iPhone application for automatic storing of location data & desktop application for geotagging of pictures. No need to purchase another desktop app!
● runs great on background
● battery usage optimised for whole day of geotagging.
● Dropbox support - automatic GPX export of all your trips, makes it super easy to use Geotag Photos with Lightroom
● Smart watch support - free watch app for Apple Watch and Pebble Watch
● export to GPX - 4 ways how to do this: through Dropbox, iTunes, by email or from web. No need to have internet or wifi connection for GPX export!
● Geotagging desktop application - Geotag your JPG or RAW files - quick and easily! Required network connection to get data from iPhone to geotagging app (but no need to have network connection, when you are on the trip). NEW! - complete offline version is also available.
● works perfectly on any operating system - Mac OS X, Windows and even Linux
● supported image formats: jpg, nef, cr2, crw, dcr, ciff, erf, orf, k25, kdc, mef, mrw, nrw, pef, raf, tif, tiff, raw, arw, rw2, srf, sr2, srw, x3f, dng
This iPhone app works like GPS Data Logger - it logs your positions during your trip. There are various logging modes, that will fit your needs - continuous mode logs your every change and is best if you need most accurate data, from the other hand time based logging (logs position every few minutes) saves your iPhone battery. Our iPhone app can run perfectly in sleep mode.
When you return from your trip, you can synchronize logged data with our desktop application and geotag photos taken by your camera. We support both amateur cameras (compact) and professional ones (DSLR). We also supports geotagging of various RAW formats (.NEF, CRW, CR2 and others). You can also export your logged data to well known and widely used GPX format - in this new version is NOT NECESSARY to upload data to remote server, you have your GPX files always prepared and can get them using iTunes file sharing function or you can send them from iPhone by email.
few ideas how to use Geotagged photos:
- use Places function of modern viewing applications (iPhoto, Aperture, Picasa) to see your photos on map
- find your photos by place (for example find quickly all photos from New Your in your Photo library)
- upload Geotagged photos to social sites (flickr, ...)
Visit our website for more information! Visit our blog at http://www.geotagphotos.net/blog for news.
q: how much it will drain my battery?
a: depending on logging mode, that you choose. If you choose reasonable logging mode (like to get position every 10 minutes or so), iPhone battery will be enough for more than day.
q: will it work abroad, if I don't have roaming?
a: yes, but it can take longer time before it gets the first position (especially after first usage after your travel by plane). Please don't use Flight mode! It will switch GPS off and logging will not work.
Chat with us on our website, if you have other questions!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 3.8
Watch app for Apple Watch!
- use watch to see status of logger
- log current location from your wrist
- change logging interval
- display your and latest logged position on the map
Forget the Canon app!
I struggled to get the Canon camera apps to work reliably. Install, tweak, uninstall, search the Internet for help. No luck. Then I stumbled across Geotag Photos Pro. Installed it on my iPhone and drove around to several locations. Occasionally used the update button to make sure that the location was logged. Then loaded the pics on my Mac. First, not much battery drain on the iPhone. Then the Geotag process on my Mac took a few seconds for 32 pictures. Fast! The map locations were accurate. What an excellent app! Plus, you don't need a new camera. Any camera that records time data should work fine. I used my new Canon G16, but I plan to use it with my old PowerShot A640. Very, very happy with Geotag Photos Pro. If I could give 6 stars I would.
Gives me freedom to choose my camera!
It works great for me with my iPhone 5s. It did not require me to login to their service as I have it feed to Dropbox instead of using the "upload" function. From Dropbox I easily load the file into Lightroom 5 to tag my photos. In fact, I learned about this app from a Lightroom tutorial video. I do bring a Mophie external battery to top up the phone when I am out a long time. In the background app refresh section of my phone settings, I disable all other apps beside this one to keep battery drain reasonable. Now I am happy to use cameras without built-in GPS.
Things seem to be back to normal
Despite some initial troubles with the Apple Watch app stability, things seem to be up and running now.
I'm not sure if it was an update or not troubleshooting that caused it to start working but it's nice to be able to stop start and pause recording location from the watch.
The developers made the correct call to provide only limited functionality on the watch.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Apr 17, 2015
- Version: 3.8
- Size: 16.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Czech, French, German, Slovak, Spanish
- Seller: TappyTaps s.r.o.
- © TappyTaps s.r.o.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.