Digital photo collections can grow rapidly. Remembering where you took all those photos can become a chore. Most cameras don't tag your photos automatically, so you'll need something to help you out.
That's where GeoTagr comes to the rescue. GeoTagr tags your photos with the location where you made them (a.k.a. geotagging).
GeoTagr supports 6000+ types of digital cameras and geotags iPhone, iPad, Mac, Dropbox, Flickr and SmugMug photos.
- Record your location with an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch while you make photos with a digital camera
- Geotag those photos no matter where you manage them (iPhone, iPad, Mac, Dropbox, Flickr, SmugMug)
- Support for JPEG and RAW photos
- Export GPX files (iTunes Sharing, Dropbox, Mail, browser)
- Import GPX files (iTunes Sharing, Dropbox, Mail, …) e.g. generated by a dedicated GPS data logger
- Record your location with an iPhone or iPod touch and seamlessly use those locations to geotag photos on your iPad (via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi)
- 3 recording modes on iPhone and iPod touch for optimal balance between accuracy and battery life
- Pause and resume when recording locations
- While recording, shows an estimate for the remaining battery time
- Background recording
- Track management
- Today extension for quick access
- Geotags photos on your Mac over Wi-Fi via standard OS X File Sharing
- All maps have 3 modes: Standard, Satellite, Hybrid
- Comprehensive built-in Help section
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Better error handling when geotagging local photos.
If you like GeoTagr, please take the time to give us a nice review. It really helps.
Ratings and Reviews
I have no idea why this app has a 2.6 rating at time of writing this review. This app should be 5 Star all the way. Maybe users are not reading instructions properly? Reading all the comments seems like it. This is the only app that allows you to record tracks and tag photos on your phone. No need to upload to a website or extract tack etc. All in one place. Master of geotaging. Really happy customer!
It works well and wonderful app for camera.
This works well and could do all features as they are advertised. It is convenient to upload all gps log to dropbox and could have geotag for photos from camera without gps. This is wonderful app for geo logging and geo tagging at the same time.
Used to work
Used to work great but must have been an update because now it keeps asking for permission to access location and it is marked to give permission while using in privacy settings. It used to say use location always but now just while in use. Emailed but says answer within 48 hours. Doesn't do me any good when I need it now. Why did you break a working product? Will look for another app.
This issue is fixed in 5.0.4
- Chris Cornelis
- 33.6 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2008-2018 Galarina
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.