Portable mapping software for the great outdoors!
GeoView Lite is a geospatial image viewing application designed for outdoor enthusiasts and professionals. Use it to create a layered display of Apple, ArcGIS™ or Mapbox™ maps, raster graphics, vector graphics and your current GPS position. You choose the files, we sort out the details. Everything has logical default settings to get your data displayed as quickly as possible. You may, of course, choose to customize the workspace to suit your own taste, but in most cases you won’t have to. When you have things the way you like them, you can save the workspace for quick loading in the future.
• overlay Apple Map, ArcGIS™ maps, Mapbox™ maps and other basemap sources, GPX, KML/KMZ & your GPS position
• download basemaps from a variety of sources for offline use
• use Geospatial PDF and GeoTiff for base maps (can be used offline) (*)
• use geoJSON and geoRSS vector overlays (*)
• add & edit placemarks, routes and tracks with user-selectable symbols, names & descriptions; save them as KMZ
• assign custom speed units to routes for better completion time estimates
• elevation profiling of routes and tracks
• split your data into layers with custom attributes for data entry and display(*)
• import features, layers and data attributes from supported vector graphics file types (*)
• post place marks, routes, or GPS tracks on popular social media
• share your GPS and cursor locations using social media
• geo-referencing using embedded data, World Files, or manual entry
• projection of vector data and GPS to the base map spacial reference system
• in-app purchases for many file formats and other layer types
• file management and distribution using Dropbox, iCloud, AirDrop, and HTML
NOTE: (*)Some features are only available with in-app purchases.
Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPad & iPad mini running IOS 9.0 or later. Requires an Internet connection for Apple, ArcGIS™ and Mapbox™ maps and web services. For GPS location information on iPads, device models with 3G are required.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• fixed bug where some gestures using the Mapbox™ maps caused a crash when using markup or measure tools
• updated to the latest Dropbox release
• other bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Not thought through
After starting up the app and it asking to use location services while not using the app I said no and then deleted the app. There is no reason for it's accessing location services while the app is not being used. That just wastes the device's battery. Poor app design.
So far great job with the new app. Big improvement from the Beta.
Any attempt to download USGS imagery results in failure and an error stating there is an error in the header info. Unusable.
We are sorry for the inconvenience as there is a small bug in the 'static' maps downloaded. It will be fixed in the next maintenance release. In the meantime if you wish to use the USGS imagery you can download the 'tiled' maps. For most cases they are nicer to use then the static maps.
- EZStuff Software Inc
- 198.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- Copyright © 2017 EZStuff Software Inc. All Rights Reserved
- In-App Purchases
- Esri Shapefile $4.99
- Geospacial PDF files $3.99
- GeoTIFF files $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.