The #1 Free German English Dictionary & Translator for iPhone, iPad & iPod touch ◇ Offline Dictionary with Comprehensive Entries ◇ Sentence Translator ◇ Phrasebook ◇ Verb Conjugator ◇ Vocabulary Quizzes ◇ Flashcards ◇ Offline Audio Pronunciation
Selected by Apple as "What's Hot" in over 40 countries.
“This app packs an undeniable allure for travelers.” - iPhone App Review
"AWESOME!! I absolutely love this app. I am a second year german student and would be lost without it."
“Wow! Perfect for learning the language and super easy to use!”
“Great app! I use it almost everyday and it provides trustworthy translations.”
“Just what I wanted. Even works offline, which is a big bonus. My other apps don't.”
“Great English German Dictionary & Free. Has good 2-way dictionary for beginner and you can add your own comments to words.”
German Dictionary & Translator + by VidaLingua transforms your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch into an advanced language assistant, always ready to help. German Dictionary & Translator + includes features you won’t find anywhere else such as adding notes, audio clips and images to dictionary entries. An in-app purchases extends the dictionary, phrasebook and verb conjugator making VidaLingua the most comprehensive German Dictionary & Translator for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Download German Dictionary & Translator + now and start learning German or English today!
- German English Dictionary with over 647,000 entries (premium), over 402,000 for free.
- Voice search for Dictionary, Phrasebook and Verb Conjugator.
- Includes translations, usage examples, parts-of-speech and gender of German nouns.
- Compiled and updated by professional linguists.
- Sentence Translator with Favorites and offline viewing.
- Online images for thousands of dictionary entries, tap icon to display.
- Phrasebook with 20 categories such as Conversation, Asking Directions and Making Friends. Over twice as many sentences with Premium.
- Conjugations of 6,648 verbs. More tenses and moods with Premium.
- Multiple-choice vocabulary quizzes.
- Offline, text-to-speech pronunciation in German & English.
- Audio settings for speed and accent (US, UK, Australia, South Africa, Ireland).
- Single index search for fast lookups in German or English.
- Reverse lookup of words found in translations.
- Online lookup of additional information with IAP.
- Lookup History.
- Add your own phrases to the phrasebook.
- Email dictionary entries to friends.
- Numerous enhancements for iPads.
- Add notes and images to dictionary entries.
- Record yourself saying a word and compare it with in-app pronunciation.
• 1-year subscription includes extended dictionary, phrasebook and verb conjugations.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Terms of Service
Language is living! Only VidaLingua allows you to add notes, images, phrases and audio to create an engaging travel companion.
Comments & questions are welcome.
VidaLingua, bringing language apps to life! ©
VidaLingua is an Ascendo brand.
- Added thousands of headwords to the Dictionary.
- Added thousands of examples to the Dictionary.
- Implemented iPad Split Screen to use Dictionary with other apps.
- Implemented Drag & Drop between Dictionary and other iPad apps.
- Added Copy to Clipboard to Dictionary. Tap word or example to show context menu.
- Improved voice lookup language selection on Apple Watch.
- Added 3D Touch Peek to see Dictionary entries for Quiz words.
- Improved use of Dynamic Type. See iOS Settings > Larger Font to adjust.
- Added deep linking so Dictionary headwords can be looked up using Spotlight.
- Improved audio speed selector in Voice Settings.
- Added Flashcards setting to display only Dictionary favorites.
- Improved Flashcards screen layout.
- Added South African accent to pronunciation choices.
- Adapted screen layouts for iPhone X.
- Changed dictionary favorites icon color to red.
- Fixed layout issues on iPhones Plus models.
- Eliminated truncation of long translator phrases.
- Corrected bug blocking purchase of Premium Features.
- Enabled Translate link on verb conjugation screen.
- Fixed favorites issue when over 100 dictionary words are starred.
- Fixed minor bugs and improved help text.
If you have any issues with this update, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you like free updates, please rate our app favorably in the App Store.
Ratings and Reviews
While learning to speak Deutsch, I cannot understate the value of having a tool like this. Yes, I can always go to an online translator, but the flexibility of being able to quickly do a dictionary lookup of specific words while still capable of doing phase translation by switching tabs is amazing. True, it has difficulty translating a phrase from time to time, but what translator doesn’t? I rate this app at the highest level and use it multiple times every day in my language study.
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much! -Liam
Definitely worth buying
I've look at different dictionary apps that's translated English to German. I'm taking classes to Learn German and this app has help me so much to understand and to pronounce German language. I love the fact that I can adjust the voice speed to really help pronounce correctly, I highly recommend it this app especially to those who are learning to speak German. Also the other features on this are awesome as well, it's definitely WORTH the money. Du wirst es nicht bereuen.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your excellent review!
Best, Liam, Customer Success Manager
After more than a year of use, I have come to appreciate this app more than the others. Both the word translations and their use in phrases have helped and they are accurate.
And I love having the conjugations. That is a big feature for me.
Most words have multiple meanings and this app subdivides them in a manner, where I can easily figure out which applies to what I’m trying to say. WTG
Developer Response ,
- Ascendo Inc.
- 43.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Ascendo Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium $4.99
- Extended Dictionary $4.99
- Extended Phrase Book $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.