Gestimer is a beautiful Mac menu bar app for those little reminders during the day. Simply drag the Gestimer menu bar icon onto the screen to create your reminder.
• Drag & drop from the menu bar to create short-term reminders
• Quickly add descriptions to your reminders
• Receive a notification for your reminders
• Sync with Apple Reminders
• Snooze reminders
• Show a countdown for the next reminder in the menu bar
Follow us on Twitter @GestimerApp or find more info on our website: maddin.io
- added Finnish, Romanian, Swedish, Turkish
- fixed French localization
- updated Korean localization
Ratings and Reviews
Want to focus on your work? Simply pull down and release the app's menu bar icon.
nice for quick reminders
Gestimer makes it quick and easy to set a timer, and it uses notifications to let you know when the time is up. I used notification preferences to turn off the sounds for Gestimer and opted to use an Alert when the time is up. This works great for me because it’s silent, yet the Alert stays on the screen until I acknowledge it, so I can’t miss it. I couldn’t find another app that had a silent alarm except for one that kept crashing.
Note that if you want a sound, it does that by default. You can also sync it with Reminders which creates a group of reminders for Gestimer. This does let you set reminders further in the future than you can with the drag and drop which goes out about 7 hours. You could also create ones that repeat every day.
The only improvement I would like is to be able to tell it to repeat the timer automatically; like when I complete this 20 minute timer, automatically start another 20 minute timer.
I don’t leave alot of review, but when something just works and I’ve tried others, I think one should leave a review. It just works, simple, yet has the features I wish it had. Optional countdown in the menu bar, ability to give a reminder a title, sync reminders and notifications. My only issue is I can’t seem to set a reminder under 10 minutes, I see on the developers very good FAQ page that it’s a comming feature, I guess I’ll wait to be pleasantly surprised.
Feature request: Menu icon and countdown turn red when the counter is in action (don’t know if that’s possible, but I have other menu icons that have great colors).
- Tuan Anh Nguyen
- 9.1 MB
- OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Martin Nguyen
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.