Play, improvise and compose in real-time within a framework of interactive generative musical systems.
Award-winning composer Jesper Nordin and leading iOS developer Jonatan Liljedahl (Kymatica) has completely re-invented their unique app from 2012 and taken the concept to the next level.
Gestrument Pro takes everything we loved about Gestrument and improves on its original functionality while introducing a host of new features such as multi-touch, recordable automations, advanced scale editing and our unique system of highly tweakable modular generators that define the pitches and rhythms.
With Gestrument Pro you can Play, Improvise and Compose music with deeper levels of personal expression than ever before.
• Up to 16 individual Instruments.
• Each Instrument can be controlled by any of up to 8 Cursors.
• Instruments can use internal high quality sounds or play other synthesizers or apps via MIDI.
• Modular swappable Generators for producing the rhythms and pitches per Instrument, each with their own set of tweakable parameters and settings.
• 8 performance sliders that each can control one or more parameters in the Instruments and their Generators.
• A highly flexible modulation system allows assigning Sliders and Cursor position/pressure to any parameter in the Instruments.
• Advanced microtonal Scale editor with several standard scales included.
• 8 Scale Slots for fast switching between scales and tonalities during performance.
• Sliders, Cursors and Scale Slots can be recorded into automated loops, or controlled via MIDI.
• Supports Inter-App Audio and Audiobus, including host sync for following the hosts transport and tempo.
• Fix crash when switching from generator with mapped transpose-absolute and then closing instrument editor.
• Enable Bluetooth audio and AirPlay.
• Fix the included Default midi mapping.
• Added two new presets.
• Fix minor typos in Users Guide.
• Allow recognition of EXS user files (experimental).
Ratings and Reviews
Just plays one note....
The controls are very unintuitive. I opened the app and started playing around. All was well then suddenly all instruments just play the same note. Couldn’t find a cure by playing or searching the help file. Some simplified help would be appreciated.
Developer Response ,
Hi, to be able to change the range of all instruments while you play is one of the new features, and I guess you might have used one of the presets where that is possible? If you just use the slider that says “Range” (or change the preset) all should be fine again. Please email us with any questions - it’s better than writing it in a review.
Ready or not next level is kicking in
Serendipity at its finest
I love tools which free you to explore the iPad as an instrument. Gestrument does exactly this. It lets you feel your music and express things emotionally. Thanks for creating such an amazing and wonderful tool which helps to move me to expression. 🙏🏼👊🏼™️❤️
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.