By Amix Capital Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get Console is a powerful and complete terminal app that provides physical serial console access to network and other equipment as well as SSHv2, Telnet, Scripting, TFTP Server, full Logging, integration with Dropbox, iCloud and instant Screen Sharing. Please read below for Full information.
- Serial Connectivity: Use our Airconsole (Serial over Wifi or Bluetooth Low Energy), or Redpark L2-RJ45 and L2-RJ45V physical cables to provide direct Serial Console port access to supported equipment (Adapt L2-RJ45 Cable to DB9, DEX or DB25 with adaptors available at www.get-console.com)
- Full Terminal: Also provides Telnet and SSH(v2) terminal (over Wifi or 3G). VT100 emulation. Supports password authentication, generate or import SSH Keys easily via clipboard
- Multi Session: run concurrent Serial, SSH and Telnet sessions in tabs, and cut/paste between sessions. Each session runs independently and can be backgrounded.
Many Many Advanced Terminal Features:
- Powerful Scripting of terminal sessions allows for automation of many common terminal tasks, including auto-responding to terminal output and auto-upload of log files.
- Easily share your iPad/iPhones terminal window with remote web users to provide remote access to your console sessions - useful for remote support, teaching or for Disaster Recovery
- Connection Manager for organizing Serial / Telnet / SSH saved sessions which can be imported/exported via iTunes
- Free web based conversion utility to convert existing PuTTY and SecureCRT(r) saved connections into Get Console format.
- Fully configurable terminal settings including baud rate, parity, flow control, scroll buffer and column width
- Integrated Cut/Copy/Paste directly from terminal window and slide-out clipboard viewer
- Integrated TFTP Server for WIFI/3G upload and download of files
- Bluetooth Keyboard Support
- Rapid configuration of common configuration tasks via shortcuts (common command drop down) and pre-configured (and user changeable) shortcut buttons
- Free integrated cloud storage on get-console.com or Dropbox.com for log files and configuration scripts - integrates directly into your iPad or iPhone ready for pasting to console window
- full logging of terminal session to individual session files that can be attached to emails, downloaded via iTunes or uploaded to your own repository on the get-console.com website
***NOTE*** Serial Connectivity requires either our Airconsole Adaptor, or a supported Redpark cable to work - part code L2-RJ45V - purchase from www.get-console.com/shop or from redpark.com directly. Does NOT work with Redpark C2 or L2-DB9 cable. If DB9, Null Modem or DB-25 connectivity is required, use an adaptor also available from our website.
What's New in Version 2.21
Adds Http Server to Get Console allowing for http download of files in Get Console storage
Support for new Ethernet product soon to be announced...
Support for multi-port Airconsole connection to Serial ports via Airconsole TS, Airconsole Mini or original Airconsole
Fixes for connections.zip file not unpacking correctly
Support for very low Serial baud rates - 300,1200
Support for Chinese Big5 Character Set
I'm a network admin and have worked with lots of terminal apps on many platforms, from procomm plus and an app to get console sessions into Cisco gear on my PalmPilot to more recently iSSH, TouchTerm and SecureCRT for Mac and iPad. I really like the 'Get Console' advanced options to import saved sessions from SecureCRT and PuTTY, but unfortunately that feature doesn't work. I like that I can sync sessions between my iPad and IPhone with iCloud, but that doesn't work either (but Dropbox does - mostly). I like that I can create login scripts, which does work, but a script can only be used for one device, then it disappears and has to be re-created from scratch. I like that it saves passwords, but you can only recall them from the iPad app, not the iPhone, and the passwords don't appear to sync. Generally, the app seems to work - it will give a console session via ssh, and the red park console adapter cable works for direct serial connections, but it is clunky, has lost my saved sessions several times, is unintuative, and just tough to get set up. I haven't attempted transferring capture files and configs - I've been so annoyed at trying to just get connections set up I haven't gotten that far.
Multitasking a struggle
Great console app but if you switch out to another app then back the session doesn't really resume. You have to disconnect and reconnect to get the cli back.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Apr 14, 2015
- Version: 2.21
- Size: 12.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Korean, Spanish
- Seller: Amix Capital Limited
- © Amix Capital 2011
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.