• Winner of a MOM'S CHOICE Gold Award
• Winner of a PARENTS’ CHOICE Gold Honor Award
• An interactive animated storybook originally published as the award-winning Living Books
• A tale of how sibling arguments can sometimes escalate, and how they can be resolved
“The original Living Books Software Series of interactive storybooks are the gold standard of interactive books. These were originally developed many years ago for desktop computers yet they still hold up on the iPad, as though they were new apps designed just for the tablet.
The thought and creativity that was put into the interactivity in Berenstain Bears Get Into a Fight is largely unmatched in any other interactive book. When you combine that with a classic Berenstain Bears children's book you have a complete winner.
This is one of the best eBook apps available for young children, and there are few people of any age that would not enjoy it. Like Wanderful's other apps, Berenstain Bears Get Into a Fight offers great creativity with a wonderful sense of humanity and heart that transcends age. Multi-lingual families can enjoy the story in either Spanish or Portuguese, the latter of which is available via an in-app purchase.”
- Tim Leverett ©2013 Parents' Choice
Have you ever wished you could play inside a story and really interact with all the characters and words? Now you can! The Berenstain Bears Get In A Fight is an imaginative interactive reading experience with fully animated content featuring the popular Bear Family – Mama Bear, Papa Bear, Brother Bear, and Sister Bear.
Wanderful brings every page of this Stan and Jan Berenstain story to life. Read and play along with Brother and Sister as a little morning grumpiness turns into an all-day fight. Even a noisy storm can’t stop them from arguing and fighting. Do they even remember why they are fighting? Can anything make them stop? Useful for children of all ages, this story teaches lessons on avoiding arguments and disagreements.
• Story is in both English and Spanish - change language from any page
• Portuguese story content unlocks with in-app upgrade
• Each page is fully animated, including two pages with extended multi-scene animations
• Virtually every item on each page comes to life when tapped
• All words are “active” for extended word play and language learning – tap on any word to hear it spoken
• A hidden surprise is on each page – can you find “Buzzy” the bee?
• Move between pages with swipe or with scrolling page navigation
• Two modes: “Read to Me” and the fully interactive “Let Me Play”
• All words are "active" for extended word play and language learning – click on any word to hear it
• Multiple settings to further customize the App for your child’s reading experience
• Special “About the Authors” video profiling Jan and Stan Berenstain available from within the App
• Parental tips to help you get the most out of this Wanderful interactive storybook
• Teacher resources include a 31 page overview of Wanderful's Classroom Activities and a free 11 page preview of the Get In A Fight Classroom Activities guide
• The full 57 page Classroom Activities guide is available as an in-app upgrade
Wanderful’s goal is to help children discover a lasting love of language through story exploration. We hope The Berenstain Bears Get In A Fight provides your family, children and students with hours of delightful story play.
The Berenstain Bears Get In A Fight by Stan and Jan Berenstain, authors of over 200 books starring the Bear family: Mama, Papa, Brother and Sister.
Wanderful creates engaging interactive storybooks for children that are educational, fun, and above all safe and appropriate. Our apps:
• do not collect any information
• do not contain ads
• do contain in-app purchases
• do not have active links to websites or social networks
• do use analytics to improve our app experience but only in aggregate and never with personally identifiable data
Optimized for full 64-bit performance.
Fixed an iOS 11 specific issue with certain buttons and page scroller.
Ratings and Reviews
Not my favorite living book.
I had several of the living books on our old PC and my kids adored them. Lost them all on our last upgrade so I was thrilled to see that they are being produced as apps. They chose this particular one as they had never seen it before.
I have to say I am disappointed in this particular book - and please note that this is NOT the fault of Wanderful Inc. The app works exactly as it should, like all the others in the series it is full of fun little interactive elements.
What I did not like, and wanted to make other parents aware of, was the nature of the story itself. While it is a perfectly realistic depiction of a fight between siblings, we have a ban in our on words and phrases like "shut up" and "stupid", and this book is peppered with them as the cubs bicker. While the final resolution is positive, I'm not thrilled with all the negative modeling of conflict up to that point. The troublesome dialog is not part of the written text, but is heard in the "extra" parts in the "play inside the book" mode, so there was no way to know ahead of time that such words are included.
I'm not an uber-protective, humorless parent, and in fact am annoyed at the new generation of Berenstein Bears books which have become both overly, religiously preachy and less funny. But this particular book, which was one of the originals, was not the best choice for us. I wish there were an option to preview the book before purchase, so that I could have realized this before spending the money; at 6 dollars a pop these are not cheap apps.
Overall, Very Good!
An excellent story with great delivery. The graphics and interactive features are only average, but my kids were still completely immersed and extremely excited about getting other books.
The functionality the first reviewer spoke of is actually enabled throughout the app with the exception of the story's introductory page. I absolutely love that you can alternate between languages on each individual page by touching the globe icon that's always available in upper left corner of the screen....
Not working like example book
I was extremely excited to find this ap because my daughter is in a dual immersion program and I don't speak Spanish. This way we could read together! Except the example shows that the child can point at each word individually and it will sound out that word. So I bought it and it does not do that. It only will read the book to you and highlight the words it's reading to you. Disappointing when it says it gives more options.
- Wanderful, Inc.
- 252.2 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012, Wanderful, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Portuguese Upgrade $1.99
- Premium Upgrade $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.