Getaround - Instant Car Rental
By Getaround, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Getaround is car rental on-demand – rent a car with no paperwork, no waiting, and no hassle. With Getaround, you can rent 1000's of cars from a Toyota to a BMW to a Tesla and unlock them all with your phone.
It’s free to download, sign up is easy and there are no monthly fees. We even offer peace of mind by including rental insurance on every trip. Convenient hourly rentals start at only $5 and you’ll find awesome daily rates for spontaneous road trips.
Car sharing with Getaround offers more choice, flexibility and freedom than any other car rental service and helps the environment by optimizing local cars instead of adding more to our roads. Basically, it’s rental cars done right.
Download your key to cars in the city and hit the road with a tap of your phone.
• “The Airbnb for cars.” - TechCrunch
• “It's just as seamless as Zipcar.” - Business Insider
• “The app that lets you rent a stranger's car.” - Washington Post
• “Talk about getting the bang for your buck!” - Huffington Post
• “Beyond just cool—[it] will help make the entire automotive industry better.” - Fortune
• “Getaround will make every car a rental car.” - Fast Company
CITIES (more launching soon)
• San Francisco, CA
• Oakland, CA
• Berkeley, CA
• Portland, OR
• Chicago, IL
• Evanston, IL
• Washington, D.C.
• Arlington, VA
• Alexandria, VA
• Bethesda, MD
• Silver Spring, MD
• Hoboken, NJ
• Jersey City, NJ
• Boston, MA
• Cambridge, MA
If you have any questions or concerns, click the links below to contact us or learn a whole lot more.
What's New in Version 5.17
- More graceful behavior during periods of poor connectivity.
- If you don't have internet when you first perform a pre-trip inspection, the inspection will automatically submit the next time you do.
- Renters can now filter results by total price.
- Lots of bug fixes, the details of which are a little boring, so we'll spare you.
Price filter is back
Price filter feature is back, thank you! It might be useful to extend it later on with a min, max price in case somebody would like to find a higher end car
Great concept, poor execution
This is not ideal for a day-of rental. They may make you verify your account on multiple occasions (even as a longtime user of the app). This can take up to 24 hours so if you are not booking the day in advance, it's incredibly inconvenient. Cars are not always well-maintained by the owners either. There is enough competition in this market to find better, more convenient and user-centric options.
This App May be a Scam
My account has been under review for many days now but not after the app allowed me to sign up for a car and pay the $150 deposit. Now I am unable to rent a car but still have not be reimbursed and cannot reach anyone in the company for help. This app is a great concept but feels like a scam.