By Getaround, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Getaround - Rent a car from someone nearby
"Great way to rent on the go!"
"Essential companion to a great service."
Share your car and earn thousands a year. Rent anything from a Tesla to a Prius.
Insurance included. FREE to join & no annual fees! Login with Facebook.
• "The Airbnb for cars" - TechCrunch
• "This is a holy smokes moment!" - Chris Sacca, TechCrunch judge and angel Investor
• “Getaround Will Make Every Car A Rental Car.” - Fast Company
• "The law is on our side. (Because we helped write it)." - Inc Magazine (cover)
• "Rent a Tesla Roadster for $25/hr." - GOOD
• “We love the idea.” - Treehugger
• Astonishingly LOW PRICES on a great variety of cars in your neighborhood.
• FREE SIGNUP and no annual fees. INSURANCE INCLUDED.
• FAST AND EASY. No paperwork, lines, hidden fees or membership card.
• SAFE and TRUSTED community with driver screening and rating system.
• 24/7 customer happiness line and roadside assistance.
• Good for the ENVIRONMENT and your COMMUNITY.
SUPPORTED CITIES (more launching soon)
• San Francisco (Bay Area)
• San Diego
What's New in Version 3.2.2
- Fixed an issue with editing rental purpose at checkout
100x better than Zipcar
No membership fee, no Zipcard. No need to apply for the card, get police records from your origin country, get official translation, wait for the card to arrive, so on. Cheaper, easier than Zipcar.
Want to waste time? Try this service.
Email from Getaround: "Rent a car this weekend!"
Approved to rent a car, rented a car, account gets put on hold
I call 2 times, and they tell me I have to send in my drivers license and a picture of my face for "extra verification."
I do that, and they "never received the email," even though I replied to the right address and have the email-sent receipt.
I call them again and they ask me to repeat the whole process. Scammers, or are they just bad at what they do?
Good but needs more cars!
I like Getaround, and it's more affordable than a zipcar. However, it would be great to see more options - I live in a dense neighborhood in SF and the choices are a bit limited.