By Getaround, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Getaround - Rent a car from someone nearby
"Great way to rent on the go!"
"Essential companion to a great service."
Share your car and earn thousands a year. Rent anything from a Tesla to a Prius.
Insurance included. FREE to join & no annual fees! Login with Facebook.
• "The Airbnb for cars" - TechCrunch
• "This is a holy smokes moment!" - Chris Sacca, TechCrunch judge and angel Investor
• “Getaround Will Make Every Car A Rental Car.” - Fast Company
• "The law is on our side. (Because we helped write it)." - Inc Magazine (cover)
• "Rent a Tesla Roadster for $25/hr." - GOOD
• “We love the idea.” - Treehugger
• Astonishingly LOW PRICES on a great variety of cars in your neighborhood.
• FREE SIGNUP and no annual fees. INSURANCE INCLUDED.
• FAST AND EASY. No paperwork, lines, hidden fees or membership card.
• SAFE and TRUSTED community with driver screening and rating system.
• 24/7 customer happiness line and roadside assistance.
• Good for the ENVIRONMENT and your COMMUNITY.
SUPPORTED CITIES (more launching soon)
• San Francisco (Bay Area)
• San Diego
What's New in Version 4.10
- Various bug fixes.
Favourite app in 2015
So I had a bad first experience with Getaround as the car I rented had a flat battery when I got to it, but they gave me credits and were pretty helpful in that situation so I gave it another shot. I'm so glad I did, I have access to so many awesome cars around the city at a good price. I've driven more cars this year than in the rest of my life combined.
The app itself has a slick interface, it's easy to pick cars by geographic area or filtering by other criteria. The door opening with the app has never been a problem and is a nice piece of 'magic' that makes the whole experience awesome. Hopefully they'll roll this out to other cities in time so I can use it when I travel.
They need to fix their service
Great idea but their system drains the battery in the car and I have had one problem after another with my BMWx5 that I had no problems with before I rented it out. Also, they told me they replaced my battery and I still had the same problems after that. They don't screen their customers well and I have had one too many customers who have left my car a disaster, parked it in wrong and I ended up getting parking tickets. Getaround needs to make improvements!!!
Poorly developed. Not informative enough
there are no detailed information provided about your first rental experience or how the process works... Tried to rent a car and was told that I had to wait 24-48 to get approved..mm ok. That's way longer than just renting a car through any other car rental it's insane?! Then it took $180 out of my bank while I wait to be approved. No thanks? Made it seem more simple than it was. Provide more information so I know how it works.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Jun 25, 2015
- Version: 4.10
- Size: 20.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Getaround, Inc.
- ©2009 - 2015 Getaround, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.