Download this custom app with no in-app purchases or subscriptions, created by Kansans for Kansans through the team effort of Kansas Wildscape Foundation and the Kansas Trails Council. Locate statewide trail and outdoor event information without pop-ups or annoying ads. GetOutdoorsKansas is designed to be direct, stream-lined and easy to use.
Easily explore Kansas trails with these convenient features:
* Unlike most commercial trail apps, find trails in federal, state, county and city parks.
* Follow your progress with GPS capability on the interactive trail feature.
* Auto-cache trail maps to explore while off-line.
* One touch and see the trail’s distance from your location, the length and its permitted use.
* Filter trails by hiking, biking, equestrian, motorized and water recreational use.
* Search trails by surface type.
* Search for trails by keyword
* Access directions to all trail heads.
* Find current trail information actively monitored and updated by the GetOutdoorsKansas trail team.
* Built against the latest iOS11 SDK.
* Instant trail rendering using a custom 2-stage WKT parser.
* Innovative card UI detail views.
Want to see what is happening in your community or across the state? Easily locate outdoor events:
* Scroll through the calendar of state, county and city outdoor events, complete with a one-touch action button to easily contact the hosting organization for more information.
* Find outdoor event information provided by over 130 Kansas organizations.
* Search by proximity, activity and costs.
* Filter over 30 categories to find your favorite activity.
* Search by keywords to find event or trail information.
Join us! Like what you see and want to add your outdoor organization's event or trail info for free?
* Easily upload your outdoor organization’s events at www.getoutdoorskansas.org/become-partner.
* Report new trail information to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get the GetOutdoorsKansas trail team on it.
Version 1.3 (11)
New trail tracking functionality. When you touch and move the Trail map, tracking is disabled permitting you to explore beyond the current location. Tapping the My Location icon turns tracking back on to show your location on the trail. Changed text searches to not be case sensitive.
Ratings and Reviews
What a bunch of lucky Kansans!
I’ve just downloaded this app and and fairly impressed so far. What a nice resource for Kansas nature lovers! I love how I can search using a variety of filters.
I realize that this must be a pretty new app, but here are a couple suggestions for updates. 1. Include contact info so folks don’t have to place requests here in the App Store. 2. Include a place for user reviews of trails and events. 3. Allow users to add photos of trails and events. 4. Provide a way users can save interesting trails and events for future reference.
Thanks for creating this thing and for doing so as a labor of love. I’m looking forward to putting to good use now that Spring has finally sprung.
Love this app
If you love the outdoors and love getting the family and kids in the outdoors this is a great app to have. You can find cool local trails and local outdoor events. Highly recommend it!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.