Gett - NYC Black Car
By GT Get Taxi Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
$10 rides anywhere in Manhattan for up to 30 minutes and 4 miles.
Never pay surge again. Never pay more than your quote.
Gett a taxi, black car or SUV in 57 cities including New York, London, Moscow, and Tel Aviv.
Book a ride with a single tap:
- Ride anywhere in Manhattan for $10 for up to 30 minutes and 4 miles.
- Enjoy firm quotes rates and never pay surge again
- Order a black car to your door in minutes
- Invite friends and earn free rides every time they use your code
> App Store Editors’ Choice
> Winner of Time Out magazine – Best App of the Year
> Forbes named us “one of the top 15 explosively growing companies”
> #1 app globally for business accounts and corporate rides
What's New in Version 7.2
* Get $10 rides anywhere in Manhattan for up to 30 minutes and 4 miles.
* Lock-in a firm quote before you order a car. All rides continue to be surge-free — regardless of demand, traffic, or weather.
* Request a premium vehicle or a luxury SUV, perfect for that extra bit of comfort.
* Get up to $1,000 in free rides! Just invite your friends and when they take their first ride, you get free credit too.
Dont even bother
This app was amazing when it started. I could literally go anywhere below 110th st for 9 bucks. You had to wait like 5-10 mins for a car but for the price it was worth it. BUT just like Uber, or Lyft they have now found a way to screw you. No 9 dollar rides anymore (which they forget to tell you will actually be like 12 because of all the taxes) but now it is mainstream and greedy. Just skip this one. Might as well just take a cab now. And if youre lucky enough to get a car on your third try, be sure to call your driver to give them directions.
not much of a "deal" anymore.....
this app was great when it started, i always got picked up right away and the $9 fare in manhattan was the best deal around... but suddenly "Gett Deal" is even more expensive than uber pool. last night they tried to charge me $28 for a single trip within manhattan (below 110th street). and thats if you can even get a car to pick you up. 70% of the time now it says "all black cars are currently unavailable" so you might as well hail a yellow cab. don't count on Gett if you're in a rush.
Poor location services, overcharging
At first Gett seemed like a great competitor to Uber, but their wait times are outrageous, their location services are never accurate and I hate how what they show you on screen is far less than what they actually end up charging you for a ride...the price they show doesn't factor in taxes or tip - I'd rather compare apples to apples with Uber and get the full cost upfront, I feel like Gett is just trying to sucker people in to "lower prices" without honestly having lower prices than its competitors.