A game I made
For a certain kind of person
To hurt them.
• Climb up an enormous mountain with nothing but a hammer and a pot.
• Listen as I make philosophical observations about the problem at hand.
• Between 2 and ∞ hours of agonizing gameplay, depending. The median time to finish for my playtesters was 5 hours, but the mean was closer to ∞.
• Lose all your progress, over and over.
• Feel new types of frustration you didn't know you were capable of.
Bug fixes & performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Climb with a hammer.
Frustrating but not because of the controls
Update: this seems to have been resolved by both the App Store and the developer. Now that I have the game again I am enjoying it and still getting frustrated(this time for the correct reasons and not those below 👍). Thank you for addressing my issues with the game!
I knew getting into this game I would have trouble with the controls so I have no complaints about that. My complaint comes from the following steps: 1) bought the game, for some reason having a harder time doing that than normal, 2) played the game til I had to turn off my phone. When I turned it back on the game wouldn’t open properly. Tried restarting my phone, the game, everything and nothing worked. 3) tried to uninstall and reinstall and now I’m being asked to purchase the game a second time... and that isn’t happening. I paid for it once and will not be paying for it again. If that doesn’t get fixed I will be demanding a refund for not being able to access the game that I purchased.
I’ve never rated a game a 5
I’ve also never written a game review. This game was incredibly frustrating and hard. Took me 22 hrs of gameplay (according to the final splash screen) to finish over a period of about 6 months. I learned a lot about myself and that’s why I’m writing this review. Most games are entertaining/addicting/fun, or whatever; this game is all of those plus a level of frustration that is hard to explain. Overcoming frustration and the beginnings of rage was a start to mastering the ‘game’. The final key for me was to learn to enjoy the journey, especially starting over. Once you realize that you can climb, falling no longer scares you. This ‘game’ helped me to see these things and I understand that this is simply a microcosm of life. I highly recommend this game if you are willing to power through the hard times. Don’t bother if you are impatient and have a low threshold for pain.
- Bennett Foddy
- 190.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- English, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Bennett Foddy
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.