A game I made
For a certain kind of person
To hurt them.
• Climb up an enormous mountain with nothing but a hammer and a pot.
• Listen as I make philosophical observations about the problem at hand.
• Between 2 and ∞ hours of agonizing gameplay, depending. The median time to finish for my playtesters was 5 hours, but the mean was closer to ∞.
• Lose all your progress, over and over.
• Feel new types of frustration you didn't know you were capable of.
Bug fixes & performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve never rated a game a 5
I’ve also never written a game review. This game was incredibly frustrating and hard. Took me 22 hrs of gameplay (according to the final splash screen) to finish over a period of about 6 months. I learned a lot about myself and that’s why I’m writing this review. Most games are entertaining/addicting/fun, or whatever; this game is all of those plus a level of frustration that is hard to explain. Overcoming frustration and the beginnings of rage was a start to mastering the ‘game’. The final key for me was to learn to enjoy the journey, especially starting over. Once you realize that you can climb, falling no longer scares you. This ‘game’ helped me to see these things and I understand that this is simply a microcosm of life. I highly recommend this game if you are willing to power through the hard times. Don’t bother if you are impatient and have a low threshold for pain.
Great game on pc. Terrible on iPhone
I found this game on steam and bought it playing it until eventually I got to the top and even though I was very frustrating I got through it and it was a very good game. However when I decided I was good enough at pc I made the mistake of buying it on mobile. First of all the sensitivity is all over the place. I feel like when I change it nothing happens. Secondly the resolution is just plain garbage. I’m not sure if this is just an apple thing but it is running at like 440p. Lastly the thing that gets on my nerves the most is the lag. I found this extremely frustrating when playing because of the lag. There are like main parts in the game we’re it lags and I usually get past them because I would consider myself pretty good except for the end of the game. I find it almost impossible to beat going up the cell tower and because of how sensitive your hammer is you will find yourself flying off the ice hill when barely moving your finger. All in all I think this game would be 1 star and IS NOT WORRH 5 DOLLARS AT ALL. So there ya go a review on one of the worst mobile games ever.
This game is super great. Probably one of the hardest games I’ve ever played. But there is a really weird bug/glitch that won’t let me play the game. Any time I open the app the loading screen appears for about 7 seconds. After that the screen changes and looks like the background from where I left off. It’s just that. The character isn’t there. Not even the mountain. It’s just a plain green background. For a minute I thought it was part of the loading screen. But after sliding my finger around the screen I heard the character grunting and his hammer hitting a rock. I moved it around some more and I realized I’m controlling the player, but I can’t see anything. It’s really weird and I hope you can fix it. This game will earn it fifth star once that bug is fixed.
EDIT: The bug is now fixed. Thank you so much for taking time to fix this bug.
- Bennett Foddy
- 190.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- English, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Bennett Foddy
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.