GGOC - OCD Training App
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Throw away negative thoughts. Approach positive thoughts. Learn to identify self-talk and respond quickly. Train daily and improve. This is the core experience of GG Apps.
GGOC: is the second of a series of apps we're launching on a new and exciting platform named GG Apps.
GGOC focuses on OCD beliefs and fears including fear of contamination, causing harm, fear of sin and "not just right" experiences.
- 15 free levels to learn, understand and improve.
- 1 free daily training level.
- In total, 47 levels including topics such as doubt, threat, fear of self and importance of thoughts, perfectionism and uncertainty as well as symptoms specific statements addressing contamination, fear of harm, "not just right" and scrupulosity.
People with obsessive compulsive symptoms would benefit from using the app as a therapy assisting tool. It can provide users with more information about their condition, as well as better understanding of how other people who suffer from similar doubts think and feel.
The application is based on the principles of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) - one of the most research-supported psychological therapies.
According to CBT models, negative self-talk – individuals’ ongoing interpretations of the self, others and the world - maintain psychological difficulties such as obsessive preoccupation, low mood, and maladaptive behaviours.
In OCD, for instance, individuals negative self-talk often relates to fear of being contaminated, fear of hurting others or oneself, fear of sin etc., Individuals presenting with contamination fears, for instance, will say to themselves phrases such as "this is very dirty and dangerous" when seeing a door handle.
Such negative self-talk, of course, ultimately increases their contamination fears and intensifies negative mood
GGOC was developed in order to provide an accessible CBT training platform that would allow individuals with OCD related fears and doubts to better deal with negative self-talk. The application is designed to
(1) increase individuals’ awareness of negative self-talk.
(2) train individuals’ to better identify and challenge negative self-talk.
(3) increase individuals’ access to neutral and positive self-talk.
(4) increase the automaticity of the above processes.
To further strengthen learning of supportive self-talk, each level the player completes is followed by a small memory game in which one has to identify a supportive statements that appeared in the previous level.
Training using this application, will hopefully allow for gradual, steady learning of more positive self-talk thereby helping to break the vicious thought cycle maintaining OCD symptoms.
IN-APP PURCHASE INFORMATION
The app includes 15 free levels for training on some of the basic topics. The rest of the levels (over 30) can be accessed with a purchase. There are 2 purchase options:
1. AUTO RENEWABLE SUBSCRIPTION
For $4.99 a month, you can train as long as you find the app useful.
2. PERMANENT SUBSCRIPTION
Pay once to unlock all content forever (including upcoming expansions and additional levels).
- New content will be added on a monthly basis, including levels covering seasonal and new topics (for example, Valentine Day special)
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- Cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period, however it takes effect starting from the next period.
App is okay. I have the free version. I like the premise-throw out negative habits, embrace positive habits. It uses swiping- up for bad stuff(negative language) and swipe down for good stuff. It could use some visual imagery, i.e. a trash can for placing negatives, maybe a heart or treasure chest for keeping positives. Also better sounds-maybe applause for keeping good stuff and a happy sigh of relief when you swipe away bad stuff. Just my thoughts. Only other thing is that the amount of time daily is extremely short. I'm not sure it could really have much effect. But for free, it's pretty cool.
Helps with OCD
The whole concept of tossing away anxiety-inducing thoughts before they can create such panic is a beautiful idea. The app is gorgeous, and the whole concept helped me. I suggest this app to anyone suffering from OCD.
I don't see how it helps with the problem of OCD as such but it's a great app for making anyone actually feel great about their day.I suppose it has something to do with the subconscious and the act of throwing it away relieves your brain and gives you a calming effect.Plus the app's interface looks great!
- Category: Medical
- Released: Dec 05, 2016
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 23.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Gur Ilany
- © Samuramu 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 30 Days subscription$4.99
- GG OC Unlock all$19.99