Ghostery Privacy Browser offers a private, fast, tracker- and ad-free mobile browsing experience. Equipped with comprehensive features that enhance user privacy for mobile browsing, the Ghostery Privacy Browser integrates the powerful ad blocking and tracker protection of the Ghostery 8 control panel with improved browser functionalities.
TRACKER VISIBILITY AND CONTROL
See who is tracking your data on the websites you visit and choose to block or unblock these trackers.
BUILT-IN AD BLOCKER
The browser removes intrusive ads and clutter, resulting in a cleaner and ultimately faster browsing experience.
GHOST SEARCH - PRIVATE SEARCH ENGINE
Save on time and data usage with our built-in private search, powered by Cliqz, that suggests three dynamic result cards (websites or other content) as you type in the address bar – providing smarter navigational options to get users to their destination with just one click. Cliqz does not store any personally identifiable information and works with sophisticated anonymization techniques, meaning users’ search queries remain completely private.
Ghost mode offers further privacy protection by preventing the websites you visit from appearing in your browser history.
Protect yourself from fraudulent websites that want to steal your passwords and account information with a built-in security feature that detects up to four times more phishing attempts than Google Safe Browsing and works considerably faster, uncovering phishing sites within an hour.
START TAB WITH CURATED NEWS ARTICLES AND WEBSITES
When you open a new tab, Ghostery Privacy Browser provides your most visited websites and curated news from respected and trustworthy media outlets such as The New York Times, The Washington Post, USA Today, Reuters, AP, BBC and The Guardian.
- Improvements to the ad-blocking functionality.
- Multiple fixes and enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
AAARGHHH!!! I HATE THE NEW DESIGN!!!....
....I just installed the “new” Ghostery and it seems to have deleted ALL of the my bookmark folders! Over the years of using this app, I’ve created different folders within the app for the different catagories of bookmarks I’ve saved. For example, when saving a bookmark/favorite webpage that deals with “iPhones”, I create a folder called “Apple” and save all Apple related bookmarks to that folder and so on. Unfortunately, after installing this new version of Ghostery, the app deleted all of my bookmark folders and dumped all my bookmarks together under the “favorites” tab and now my bookmarks are no longer organized the way they use to be! What a mess!! Furthermore the ability to create new bookmark folders has been removed from the app entirely! AAARGH!!! The excellent minimalistic design of the previous version of Ghostery has been replaced by this new over the top version which is riddled with painfully bright colors and features I never wanted. Why the developers of this app thought it was a good idea to remove the bookmark folder feature is beyond me. I will not be updating this app on the rest of my iOS devices.👎👎😢
The best web browser on iOS got even better.
Ghostery's tracker-blocking system is the best way to take back control of your browsing, and here it is integrated into its own web browser for iOS. I do not use Safari much now that I have the Ghostery web browser.
The new Reader View mode added in version 2.0, with its ability to select text size and choose between a san-serif and serif font, is a very welcome addition.
2.0 now provides detailed information about trackers and ad blocking, giving the user an easy interface for trusting the site (suspending blocking) or turning individual trackers on and off on a per-site basis. Ghostery for iOS now has a level of control like the Ghostery plug-ins for desktop browsers on Mac and Windows.
Like the app, the update still needs a bit more polish
I haven’t had many problems using the app so far, but there’s some stuff that I’d still like to see that was present before the update.
1) make it easier to access bookmarks / favorites, put a button to look through them on the main toolbar or something. If these links are favorites, people would want to be able to access them immediately and with only one click needed to be able to open them
2) the organization of the tabs feels cluttered, for both going through the private and regular tabs. I liked the pre-update tab setup of being able to see all the tabs at once, which made it much easier to visualize and to toggle through them, I’d like to see that brought back. Maybe being able to see all regular tabs at once, with a different window for all the private tabs as well
3) have the option to remove the “offers” section. I think a lot of people don’t want to see this, and it’s annoying having this more present than the bookmarks / favorites
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback. If you'd like to reach out to us with questions or concerns, feel free to email us at email@example.com.
- Ghostery, Inc.
- 115.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2018 Ghostery, Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.