Ghotit Real Writer assists people with dyslexia and dysgraphia in their English writing and text correction.
The application corrects badly spelled words, confused words, homophones, grammar, and punctuation like no other writing assistance tool and offers advanced word prediction with grammar and phonetics awareness capabilities.
The main features:
- Phonetic and context-sensitive spell checker;
- Word-Prediction with grammar and phonetics awareness;
- Quick-Spell Word-Prediction with instant correction for creative/phonetic writers;
- Advanced grammar and punctuation corrector;
- Effective proofreader;
- Speak as you write (speech feedback);
- Reading assistance with dual highlighting;
- Independent text editor;
- Importing and sharing of text with other iPad applications;
- Sharing of files across devices and clouds via Files app for iOS-11;
- Integrated dictionaries;
- US, UK, Canadian, Australian, New Zealand and South African English dictionaries;
- AirPrint compatible;
- Works with custom keyboards, i.e. Dyslexia Keyboard.
Text correction requires Internet connection. All other features are working also offline as a “Dyslexia Text Editor” equipped with grammar aware and instant corrective Quick-Spell Word-Prediction, speech feedback and reading assistance.
- Modern sharing of files across devices and clouds (iOS 11 Files.app) is now supported
- Fix for better support of custom keyboards.
Ratings and Reviews
I really love this app. The functionality is probably the best I’ve used. The word prediction is great and it’s very helpful to have both spelling and grammar correction. Functionality requests: Working in portrait mode only is a nuisance for users (like my 8 yr old dyslexic student) who use a wireless keyboard case to make the iPad function like a laptop. Also, there are several instances when limiting the word prediction options to 8 words is simply not enough.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.