Use your mobile phone to scan as you shop with Mobile Shopper from Giant Eagle.
Currently available at the Waterworks Market District
Download the app
1. Connect to the Giant-Eagle-Guest Wi-Fi network in a participating store.
2. Scan your Advantage Card. We require permission to use the camera on your phone to scan your purchases as you shop.
3. Scan the barcode on each item as you place it in your cart or enter the PLU code on weighed items.
4. If you have weighted items, use the Scale Station in Produce or Bulk Items or go to the checkout lane and weigh your items on the scale.
5. Scan the barcode on the Pay Station to transfer your mobile order and check out.
Minor bug fixes and text updates
Ratings and Reviews
Nice try, but needs work
The lure of this product is to shorten your time in the checkout line by enabling you to scan your items as you put them in your cart. Unfortunately, you still have to go through the checkout line, so you still have to wait behind others. This is unlike the Sam’s Club app which allows you to completely skip the register and just show your phone as you go out the door.
Another shortcoming of this app is the requirement of using the Giant Eagle WiFi, which (at least at the stores I’ve visited) is an unsecured network. And if that doesn’t scare you off, one has to provide an email address and opt in to marketing emails in order to connect to the WiFi network.
In short, if everyone else uses this app, it may shorten my wait time at the checkout. But I don’t think my use of the app is worth the risks and spam that I’ll be exposed to.
The app is very glitchy, leaving the app for a couple moments causes the app to lose connection, if your phone “goes to sleep” while shopping the WiFi goes out, some items say that it wasn’t scanned properly then when you check the list, it’s listed multiple times.
I thought this would be comparable to the Sam’s app, with the shopping list clear while you do all your shopping instead of a separate screen. I understand the need to bag your groceries at a store like GE but it would be easier to scan your advantage card at the register and have your order linked that way with it already paid on the phone.
Better than standing in line...
...but not as good as the Sam’s Club Scan&Go app. Need to have the ability to pay from phone using a stored credit card. Would like to have my receipts stored in app rather than a paper version. A shopping list in the app would be much appreciated. That being said, I love being able to tally my purchase as I go. Easy app to use, even when weighing my own produce. Biggest plus is not having to stand in line, even on the busiest shopping days.
- Giant Eagle Inc.
- 8.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2018 Giant Eagle Inc. All Rights Reserved
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.