Giant Leap is a powerful learning tool that helps children and families manage behaviors, improve executive functioning, daily living skills, routine follow-through (at home and school), and understand and guide emotions through personalized positive behavior and exposure therapy tools. It was created with the support of The Children’s Center for Psychiatry, Psychology, & Related Services and their team of leading child development specialists who focus on a variety of clinical, therapeutic, educational and supportive services for children ages eighteen months through twenty-two years.
This app is designed for children, supported by parents and/or teachers, to manage behaviors, strengthen independent skills, conquer fears (such as going to the doctor or school), and learn positive supports and emotional regulation techniques through customized charts and stories. It encourages, enables and motivates while staying fun and safe for kids.
• Watch animated videos of going to the Doctor, School, and more…
• Customize videos by adding your child’s face in the story
• Create avatars with your child’s picture, skin tone and hairstyle to match child’s appearance
• Chart Library is preloaded with 90+ default activities/icons, daily and weekly routines and templates
• Easily build charts from scratch using custom times, themes, and personal photos for limitless customizability
• Update charts in real-time in the app or print/save as PDF
• Easily create multiple profiles to personalize and manage under one account
• Reward children with an effective motivation and positive reward system
• Select from default list of suggested rewards or tailor your own custom rewards for each user
• Save an unlimited number of charts for one or multiple children
• Manage accounts across multiple devices (phone and tablet)
Behavior Management and Daily Routine Charts promote independence, provide behavior and emotional support, and enable task completion while encouraging checking off steps toward a motivating reward. With over 90+ default activities and behaviors to choose from, custom icons, the ability to add new activities and times, and fun themes, these charts are flexible for any situation required by kids, parents or teachers. Users can update the charts inside the app while earning points or print for use at school.
Animated Exposure Stories are a great way to show a child what they can expect from situations that can cause anxiety such as going to the doctor or school. Gradually expose your child one scene at a time until they are ready to move forward on their own. With customizable settings for each story and the ability to add your child’s, exposure stories are a powerful way to set your child up for success in the real world.
ACTIVITIES, BEHAVIORS AND FEELINGS
The app comes preloaded with over 90+ daily activities grouped by morning, school, afternoon and night, as well as a variety of positive behaviors to help families manage and support their child’s individual needs. Select from the list of activities like “Turning off my alarm” and “Put on shoes” and positive behaviors like “Follow directions” and “Use gentle hands.”
Creating multiple profiles, managing your account and customizing the prize vault is all handled within the Parents Corner. Each profile contains that child’s custom avatar which can be inserted into any story or behavior chart. Points earned are stored inside each user’s personal prize vault which can we cashed out for rewards.
*Highlighting for rows and columns in charts
*Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Fun & Cool
A friend of mine let me know about this for my little guy. We’ve used a paper based reward system for a few months now and our little man loves getting a gold star every time he listens or completes a task. The only problem is we can’t take the paper chart wherever we go. Now with the iPhone and iPad Gian Leap he can “check in” while were on the go and get gold stars when we’re out of the house.
There are a few bugs but the App was just released so I’m sure they’ll work them out over the next few weeks as they build a user base.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.