GIF Brewery by Gfycat - Capture & Make Video GIFs
By GfyCat, Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
GIF Brewery by Gfycat gives everyone the power to create stunning GIFs from video files. It’s simple, powerful, intuitive to use--and now it’s free.
START WITH A VIDEO
• Make a screen recording
• Record from your webcam or iOS device
• Import a video file
EDIT LIKE A PRO
• Resize and crop video
• Set desired frame rate, or manually set frame count and frame delay
• Apply image filters like Color Correction or famous photo filters like Transfer and Noir
• Add multiple captions or overlay images
SAVE AND SHARE
• Easily save to your computer, share to iMessage or Mail
• NEW: GIF Brewery now enables easy in-app uploading to Gfycat!
Praise for previous GIF Brewery releases:
• 9to5Mac: "GIF Brewery 3 brings a polished animated GIF-creating experience to the Mac"
• MacWorld: 4/5, "GIF Brewery makes it a snap to convert video files into animated GIFs."
• Mac.AppStorm: 9/10, "A great app to create your own customizable animated GIFs."
• The Verge mention: "For OS X, we’ve been having fun with GIF Brewery ... It’s simple, intuitive"
• Buzzfeed article: "... impress your friends and win the hearts of many with your GIF-making prowess!"
What's New in Version 3.6
* You may now select the area where the video will animate in .gifs! Choose the area with “GIF > Add .gif Mask...“ by clicking the area you wish to use, save it with "GIF > Save .gif Mask", and watch as the created .gif only animates in your selection!
* Added “Movie > Playback Options” for more control over the video playback.
* Added additional preferences for MP4 creation & initial clip length.
* Updated opening .gif files to use the frame count/delay from the .gif file.
* Updated “Clear” button in Gfycat Uploads window to now only clear completed.
* Changed “Add Stickers” shortcut and added shortcuts for “Add Caption” and “Add Image”.
* Updated Gfycat uploading to help with mass uploads.
* Updated URL importing.
* Fixed some bugs.
Best and Most Powerful way to make GIFs
I am a video editor and occationally clients was GIFs of shots or sections to share. GIF Brewery is easy to just stick in a video clip and get something quick but it is also the most powerful to tweak settings and fine tune.
The biggest problem with GIFs is they get huge fast and the way to shrink them is resize the video or reduce the colors used. GIF Brewery has a great way to step down the colors used one by one until the size and quality trade offs are acceptable.
The only problem is the time it takes to make the GIFs. Some parts of the creation process are multi threaded but some parts are not. If you are trying to optimize and going through the creation process over and over that part kind of drags. The creation of the GIF maxes out my iMac but the color checking phase runs at 1/8 of max.
Gave me nothing but black screen and moving mouse when recording IntelliJ
As the title states, I got nothing but a black screen for a movie when recording IntelliJ. Also, the UI for the recording area blocks mouse interaction when positioning it, and the title bar stays on top of other full screen apps.